Real Madrid hit four past Celta Vigo
Javier Hernandez fired a brace as Real Madrid came from behind to beat Celta Vigo 4-2 away and keep the pressure on Barcelona at the top of La Liga on Sunday.
The Mexican forward is only in the side due to a Real injury crisis but followed up the goal that knocked Atletico Madrid out of the Champions League last Wednesday with a strike in both halves.
Toni Kroos slotted in the equaliser after 16 minutes following the opener by Celta winger Nolito and then Hernandez finished clinically after 24 minutes.
In a pulsating game, Celta's Santi Mina then knocked the ball home after his initial effort hit a post.
Cristiano Ronaldo also struck the woodwork before a James Rodriguez drive from the edge of the area flicked off Andreu Fontas and past keeper Sergio Alvarez before halftime.
Hernandez expertly brought down a Sergio Ramos pass and beat Alvarez after 68 minutes to seal a win that sees Real move two points behind Barca, who beat Espanyol 2-0 on Saturday.
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Contraceptive pill can slash the risk of ovarian,womb
- Salman becomes Bollywood’s highest advance tax payer
- ICT to submit formal charges against Pak army
- 9 rescued while being trafficked to Malaysia
- 'Without Teesta, Prime Minister’s India visit hollow'
- Mufti Hannan opts to seek presidential mercy
- Keep watch on your children: Prime Minister
- Vodka drinkers at greater risk of injury
- Actress Nipun comes with new film ‘Dhushor Kuasha’
- Shakib-Al-Hasan regains top spot in 3 formats
- 'Militants planning to attack on government foundations'
- At least 26 die due to hunger in Somalia
- ‘No foreign troops would be tolerated’
- HEC students stage demonstration again
- HC asks BMCH doctors to join work today
- Full verdict released, no bar to execute Hannan
- Cops raid 2 ‘militant dens’ in Chittagong city
- ‘The darkest day in Sri Lankan cricket’
- New mums feel more judged by 'food police'
- Amitabh shares a post: ‘Death, the inevitable end’
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!