Srinivasan may be axed from ICC
The BCCI's new regime under Jagmohan Dalmiya's leadership is exploring the option of an early Special General Meeting (SGM) in its bid to oust N Srinivasan as the Board's representative in ICC.
In order to reach a decision on ousting Srinivasan, an SGM needs to be called and Dalmiya along with Secretary Anurag Thakur is exploring that option, reports NDTV.
However, they are yet to decide on a date as of now as the members need to be given three weeks of notice period.
"To oust Srinivasan, the ruling group will require two-thirds majority which is 21 units. If they can't ensure 21 votes, they won't call SGM for sure. Dalmiya and Thakur will have to ensure there are 21 votes in their favour," a member of Dalmiya faction told PTI.
There are reports that the SGM will be called on May 24, the day of IPL final. Incidentally, Lalit Modi was suspended after the final of IPL 3 in 2010.
This comes a day after the internal feud within the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) took an ugly turn with Board Secretary Thakur launching a stinging attack on ICC Chairman Srinivasan, saying that he should actually share information on bookies with his own family members "whose involvement in betting has been proved".
- ‘7-murder verdict ensures justice’
- Trump vows ‘insurance for everybody’
- Deepika and Vin Diesel celebrate the success of ‘xXx’
- Red chilli may help you live longer
- ‘Seven-murder verdict proves rule of law’
- 4 women imprisoned without trial, attend in the HC
- PM reaches Davos to attend WEF
- 4 died in Bagerhat bus crash
- No serious injury, says Mushfiq
- Violence inside 2 prisons in Brazil leaves 26 dead
- 20 died in Turkish Airlines cargo jet crashed:
- New Zealand beat Bangladesh by 7 wickets
- College student stabbed by young man
- 7 murder case: Including Nur Hossain 26 awarded death penalty
- Hajj pre-registration begins today
- Father of Chinese Romanization dies at 111
- Akheri Munajat of Biswa Ijtema held today
- BD’s human rights scenario more terrible than HRW report
- Depression may be as risky as obesity and cholesterol
- Kareena to come back in work in February
- SC extends till Feb 5 to publish gazette
- 'Bangladesh witnessed a spate of violent attacks'
- Cloning UNO’s mobile number, miscreants demand money from all UP chairmen
- BCB announces preliminary squad for India and Sri Lanka tour
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!