Srinivasan may be axed from ICC
The BCCI's new regime under Jagmohan Dalmiya's leadership is exploring the option of an early Special General Meeting (SGM) in its bid to oust N Srinivasan as the Board's representative in ICC.
In order to reach a decision on ousting Srinivasan, an SGM needs to be called and Dalmiya along with Secretary Anurag Thakur is exploring that option, reports NDTV.
However, they are yet to decide on a date as of now as the members need to be given three weeks of notice period.
"To oust Srinivasan, the ruling group will require two-thirds majority which is 21 units. If they can't ensure 21 votes, they won't call SGM for sure. Dalmiya and Thakur will have to ensure there are 21 votes in their favour," a member of Dalmiya faction told PTI.
There are reports that the SGM will be called on May 24, the day of IPL final. Incidentally, Lalit Modi was suspended after the final of IPL 3 in 2010.
This comes a day after the internal feud within the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) took an ugly turn with Board Secretary Thakur launching a stinging attack on ICC Chairman Srinivasan, saying that he should actually share information on bookies with his own family members "whose involvement in betting has been proved".
- Obama urges Trump to stop whining
- School girl pregnant!
- ‘Bangladesh becomes role model in ICT’
- Digital World-2016 starts at Bashundhara
- British Bangladeshis launched a Fashion Week in London
- Police stands against Rampal protesters
- Indian visa without e-token for BD students
- Sheikh Russel’s birth anniversary today
- Wondrous uses of baking soda
- 7 JMB associates arrested
- Wild elephant attack kills an old man
- Several Jamaat leaders arrested in Jhenaidah
- Suspected killer of Nazimuddin arrested in city
- 3 held with weapons in Sherpur
- PM returns today
- Bangladesh, India to work together
- Modi welcomes Hasina in Bengali words
- 4 dead bodies found in Savar
- A teenager killed in Sharsha road accident
- WB president comes today
- PM leaves Dhaka for Goa
- Road mishap kills 2 in the capital
- New allegations of sexual harassment against Trump
- Chinese president leaves Dhaka for India
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- High hope on solar
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia