The fight story of Helal Uddin
Mizanur Rahman: Helal Uddin,70, was a poor farmer of Mahashwerchanda village under Kaliganj upazila in Jhenidah. He would dream to wining against poverty. He said that with the use of inorganic substances in crop land, the cost of farming was increasing day by day but in return the production was decreasing. So he thinks to use their crop land organic fertilizer instated of highly cost chemical fertilizer. He confidently told that organic farming not only has changed destiny himself but also others.
However he took some training from Dr. Gul Hossain, agricultural scientists 10 Years ago. After training he returned home and made a small bamboo hut adjacent to his house. He spent Tk 3,000 for buying the ingredients for making vermicompost fertilizer.
Initially he was hesitant. Gradually Helal Uddin became an expert in making vermicompost fertilizer in that locality. Later, he took more training from non-government organization (NGO) Hunger Free World. After 25 days to on month the vermin and vermicompost fertilizer both are prepared to sell.
Successful farmer and also a vermicompost businessman Helal Uddin said I am now very happy. At a time when I used vermicompost in my paddy field and got 2 mounds extra paddy from my villagers then I did not look behind. Now I sale one kilogram vermin Tk 2,100 to Tk 2,200 to the others and one kilogram vermicompost fertilizer Tk. 15 to Tk 17, per month he gain tk 55,000 to tk 65,000. He is now the owner of 14 bigha’s of land in Maheshwarchanda village under Kaliganj upazila. His full family helps him now.
He gets several prizes from non-government organizations such as Hunger free World of Jhenidah, Jege Otho Foundation of Jessore and Anwarul Quadir Foundation (AQF) of Dhaka.
Villager Fazlul Karim said Helal Uddin was once just a day laborer struggling to make his ends meet. He is a disciple of Omar Ali. The main architect of Maheshwarchanda is now leading the way of “Modern Farming” to help farmers become self sufficient, profitable and independent. Once a pitiable farmer now shows tremendous pride and victory in what he has done for himself and his community.
Deputy Director (DD) of Agriculture Extension Department (AED) of Jhenidah Shah Md. Akramul Haque said to The Daily Industry that Helal Uddin set an example in Jhenidah. He is now one of the most important trainer on vermicompost making in our district.
- Snoring may cause a stroke!
- ‘Dangal’ makes history in Bollywood box-office
- Arafat Sunny put remand
- ‘Stay away from terrorism, militancy and drug’
- Death Reference of 7 murder case reached at HC
- Young girl allegedly raped in Habiganj
- 'Sunny shared nude photographs via Facebook'
- Former APS of Suronjit, Faruque jailed for 5 years
- Cricketer Arafat Sunny held
- Gambian leader Jammeh leaves power after 22 year
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema ends seeking blessing and mankind
- Rain wasted 3rd day of test
- Indian Train derailed, 23 killed, 50 injured
- 11 stomach-flattening ingredients
- ‘Awami League vows to face BNP's movement politically’
- ‘CEC doing everything to keep AL in power’
- Katrina Kaif shares a selfie from her bed
- ‘Power, energy ministry to be paperless by 3 years’
- 3 snatchers held in city
- Second Test in balance after Shakib’s triple-strike
- Vegetable market blast kills 18 in Pakistan
- Medical service suspended at BSMMU
- PM on the way to return home
- A story of breast cancer sufferer
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!