Being self reliant by cultivating profitable Kashful in Jhenidah
Jhenidah Correspondent: “I have cultivated kashful in four bighas of land in last year by the cost of taka 25,000 only and my income was 1,10,000 taka by selling it. So I have earned taka 85,000 in last years by cultivating kashful. Later in this year I have cultivated same plant in three and half bighas of land and I will earn over one lakh taka this year, I hope” said Khokon Mia of Pikepara village under Kaliganj upazila in Jhenidah.
Another Saiful Islam from same village said to the correspondent that only we have to clean weeds two/three times a month after plant coming. Otherwise, we have not enough expense in kashful farming.
Lutfor Rahman another kashful farmer of from same area added, the wholesaler come to us and buy kashful “Jhati” and “Straw” from the land. He also added, kashful is very important to make betel leaf orchard roof. So, the batel leaf farmer also come to us directly and buy it from us. He further added, in a small cost we can get a big amount profit each year. Every year in winter season we can cut it.
Deputy Director of agriculture extension department of Jhenidah Md. Akramul Haque said to The Daily Industry that, Kashful farming is very profitable business at that time in Kaliganj, because the cost is so much little in a year. He added, any one can farming it in a abandoned land and earn more profit year after year repeatedly.
- Govt raises allowances for freedom fighters
- Four ‘JMB men’ arrested in Bagerhat
- Man stabbed to death in Sunamganj
- Two killed in Jhenidah ‘shootout’
- Gunmen attack Pakistan police,59 killed
- Quader vows to bring significant change in AL
- Stalker who beats college girls held
- Coast guard official arrested on graft charges
- Indian forces kill 19 Maoists in Odisha
- Two held with yaba in Mathbariya
- ‘JSC, JDC exams to be held in time’
- Man dies falling from bus roof
- One killed in Ashulia ‘gunfight’
- AL party leaders to take preparation for next polls
- Little child electrocuted in Munshiganj
- ‘Hasina is a true leader of subcontinent’
- ‘AL now much stronger than before’
- Tigers’ marvellous bowling going on
- Cameroon train derailment kills 55
- PM opens Awami League council
- AL’s council: Khaleda,Fakrul invited
- RU student’s body found in campus drain
- Trump objects to say whether he will accept election result
- Dhaka-Mymensingh rail communication interrupted
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia