Being self reliant by cultivating profitable Kashful in Jhenidah
Jhenidah Correspondent: “I have cultivated kashful in four bighas of land in last year by the cost of taka 25,000 only and my income was 1,10,000 taka by selling it. So I have earned taka 85,000 in last years by cultivating kashful. Later in this year I have cultivated same plant in three and half bighas of land and I will earn over one lakh taka this year, I hope” said Khokon Mia of Pikepara village under Kaliganj upazila in Jhenidah.
Another Saiful Islam from same village said to the correspondent that only we have to clean weeds two/three times a month after plant coming. Otherwise, we have not enough expense in kashful farming.
Lutfor Rahman another kashful farmer of from same area added, the wholesaler come to us and buy kashful “Jhati” and “Straw” from the land. He also added, kashful is very important to make betel leaf orchard roof. So, the batel leaf farmer also come to us directly and buy it from us. He further added, in a small cost we can get a big amount profit each year. Every year in winter season we can cut it.
Deputy Director of agriculture extension department of Jhenidah Md. Akramul Haque said to The Daily Industry that, Kashful farming is very profitable business at that time in Kaliganj, because the cost is so much little in a year. He added, any one can farming it in a abandoned land and earn more profit year after year repeatedly.
- Home ministry divided into 2 divisions
- N’ganj teacher assault: probe report submitted
- Bad news for BCB
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema starts Friday
- 39 jailed in India for human trafficking
- Reckless truck took away 24 children’s lives in India
- 15 members of ‘human trafficking gang’ held
- Robber killed in Kushtia ‘gunfight’
- 2 killed in Kushtia truck collision
- College student Juma’s assailant held
- President optimistic about formation of strong EC
- ‘Export earnings to exceed $60bn by 2021’
- Full verdict of Mufti Hannan published
- You need to eat more chocolate for best mood
- Salman Khan thanks fans for support in arm case
- Why not MP Rana’s bail, ask HC
- Peanut vendor’s story of learning English
- AD declares Kader Siddiqui’s nomination invalid
- Mushi to miss the 2nd test
- 'SAARC is very much alive'
- Arsenal Alexis Sanchez admits tax fraud
- 'Govt firm to ensure compliance in RMG industry'
- Man found dead with throat slit in Rupsha
- Graft case: 3 Agrani Bank officers jailed in Chittagong
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!