Being self reliant by cultivating profitable Kashful in Jhenidah
Jhenidah Correspondent: “I have cultivated kashful in four bighas of land in last year by the cost of taka 25,000 only and my income was 1,10,000 taka by selling it. So I have earned taka 85,000 in last years by cultivating kashful. Later in this year I have cultivated same plant in three and half bighas of land and I will earn over one lakh taka this year, I hope” said Khokon Mia of Pikepara village under Kaliganj upazila in Jhenidah.
Another Saiful Islam from same village said to the correspondent that only we have to clean weeds two/three times a month after plant coming. Otherwise, we have not enough expense in kashful farming.
Lutfor Rahman another kashful farmer of from same area added, the wholesaler come to us and buy kashful “Jhati” and “Straw” from the land. He also added, kashful is very important to make betel leaf orchard roof. So, the batel leaf farmer also come to us directly and buy it from us. He further added, in a small cost we can get a big amount profit each year. Every year in winter season we can cut it.
Deputy Director of agriculture extension department of Jhenidah Md. Akramul Haque said to The Daily Industry that, Kashful farming is very profitable business at that time in Kaliganj, because the cost is so much little in a year. He added, any one can farming it in a abandoned land and earn more profit year after year repeatedly.
- CCC polls is a challenge for democratic journey
- Saudi embassy confirms UK attacker from Saudi
- Nation observes 'Genocide Day' for the very first time
- Couple’s throat-slit bodies found in Bandarban
- 69 rescued from ‘Sylhet militant den'
- Teesta deal is a matter of time: Obaidul
- SWAT team begins operation in Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Mashrafe not fixating on rankings in ODIs
- The tortoise chases a ball around the room like a dog
- Kangana gifts herself a bungalow for 30th birthday
- Two more held over British parliament attack
- Mymensingh road crash kills 10
- Police call militants of ‘Atia Mahal’ for surrender
- General Diary filed over Bangladesh Bank fire
- Arifa’s ‘killer’ ex-husband arrested from Tangail
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Contraceptive pill can slash the risk of ovarian,womb
- Salman becomes Bollywood’s highest advance tax payer
- ICT to submit formal charges against Pak army
- 9 rescued while being trafficked to Malaysia
- 'Without Teesta, Prime Minister’s India visit hollow'
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!