Grabs Market Share of over 17%
UC Browser Becomes World’s No. 2 Mobile Browser
Beijing, China: UC Browser, the flagship mobile browser of UCWeb, an Alibaba Group company, has touched a new milestone, becoming the world's second most popular mobile browser with 17.42% market share, according to StatCounter - an independent web traffic analytics service.
This recent achievement coincided with the browser's consistent rise in its overseas markets, as it clocked in more than half of mobile browsing market share (54.42%, per StatCounter) in October 2015 in India and attained a share of 49.05% (per StatCounter) in October 2015 in Indonesia, the second and third populous country in Asia. Both India and Indonesia have become the new frontier for mobile Internet, driven mostly by the rapid growth of their connected population. The popularity of UC Browser attributes to its fast speed and easy access to local content and services.
UC Browser celebrates world's #2 milestone at Times Square, New York
Commenting on the achievement, Mr. YU Yongfu, President of Alibaba Mobile Business Group, which UCWeb is part of the unit, said, “In addition to our leading position in home turf China market, overseas growth has contributed significantly to UC Browser’s ascent to become the world’s No.2 mobile browser. By providing a one-stop mobile browsing gateway, UC Browser makes mobile services conveniently accessible, helping improve and reshape the mobile lifestyle of our users worldwide. We will continue to reach new users through unique localization and personalization efforts.”
UCWeb has been seeing exciting success in emerging markets, long dominating mobile browser market in China, India and Indonesia, the three most populous emerging markets globally. All these three countries have a total population of 2.8 billion, accounting for over one third of the world’s population. UCWeb also boasts of the number one spot in Pakistan (33.76%, October 2015, StatCounter percent) and has been seeing encouraging performance in Bangladesh.(25.2%, October 2015, StatCounter percent)
UC Browser’s strength is its signature cloud-enabled browsing technology that can compress data by up to 60%, ability to compress page to provide faster page loading & data cost saving along with localized content, catering to each unique market. Deep localization and strong synergistic partnerships with local content providers has boosted downloads and engagement with the browser. Last December, UC Browser surpassed 100 million daily active users (DAUs), propelling it into the elite group of apps that includes Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and so on.
About UCWeb : UCWeb Inc. (UCWeb) is a leading provider of mobile internet software and services. Since its inception in 2004, UCWeb's mission has been to provide better mobile internet experience to people around the world. The flagship product of UCWeb, UC Browser, is available on more than 3,000 different models of mobile devices from over 200 manufacturers, and is compatible with all mainstream operating systems. Serving users in more than 150 countries and regions around the world, UC Browser is now available in 11 languages including English, Russian, Indonesian, and Vietnamese. Additional information about UCWeb and UC Browser can be found at www.ucweb.com. UCWeb Inc., is a business within Alibaba Group’s mobile business division.
- Home ministry divided into 2 divisions
- N’ganj teacher assault: probe report submitted
- Bad news for BCB
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema starts Friday
- 39 jailed in India for human trafficking
- Reckless truck took away 24 children’s lives in India
- 15 members of ‘human trafficking gang’ held
- Robber killed in Kushtia ‘gunfight’
- 2 killed in Kushtia truck collision
- College student Juma’s assailant held
- President optimistic about formation of strong EC
- ‘Export earnings to exceed $60bn by 2021’
- Full verdict of Mufti Hannan published
- You need to eat more chocolate for best mood
- Salman Khan thanks fans for support in arm case
- Why not MP Rana’s bail, ask HC
- Peanut vendor’s story of learning English
- AD declares Kader Siddiqui’s nomination invalid
- Mushi to miss the 2nd test
- 'SAARC is very much alive'
- Arsenal Alexis Sanchez admits tax fraud
- 'Govt firm to ensure compliance in RMG industry'
- Man found dead with throat slit in Rupsha
- Graft case: 3 Agrani Bank officers jailed in Chittagong
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!