“UC Browser” survey
75.6 % Bangladeshi say social networking is good for daily life
Dhaka: Only after a pause from online social life did Bangladeshi realize how important the online social networking is in their daily life. According to a survey covering 7395 Bangladeshi mobile internet users conducted by UC Browser, the world’s No.1 third-party mobile browser as per StatCounter, only 6.8% Bangladeshi mobile internet users think SNS is not good for their daily life and 75.6% of them acknowledge the benefit of SNS.
The most popular SNS in Bangladesh is Facebook, with 85.1% dominant vote, and over 70% people are heavy online social networking users, spending more than 1 hour per day. Below are some more interesting highlights of the findings:
● Most users access social network via UC Browser, compared with other social apps and browsers.
● The above finding coincides with the finding that about 80% people favor UC Browser for its unparalleled social features, such as faster Facebook surfing and photo uploading, real-time Facebook notifications.
● Online relationships are not inferior to in-person relationships. Over half of the people have more than 300 friends on Facebook.
● About 6 in every 10 people are likely to meet online friends offline.
● Having a profile picture may help to get new friends. 80% of social network users consider Facebook profile picture is important.
The creation of a new word “Friend Best” meaning best friend of Facebook by UC Browser Bangladeshi users may also prove its popularity. This popularity of UC Browser in Bangladesh not only attributes to its unique technologies that speed up web browsing, but also its continuous product localization that caters to underserved user demands.
“Bangladesh is one of our most important market and we are glad to see our increasing development here. We will continue improving our products and providing better experience to Bangladeshi users. Our team is working on UC Browser Bangla version. The world’s first Bangla browser is coming soon,” said Kenny Ye, Managing Director of UC Web International Business Department.
- Govt raises allowances for freedom fighters
- Four ‘JMB men’ arrested in Bagerhat
- Man stabbed to death in Sunamganj
- Two killed in Jhenidah ‘shootout’
- Gunmen attack Pakistan police,59 killed
- Quader vows to bring significant change in AL
- Stalker who beats college girls held
- Coast guard official arrested on graft charges
- Indian forces kill 19 Maoists in Odisha
- Two held with yaba in Mathbariya
- ‘JSC, JDC exams to be held in time’
- Man dies falling from bus roof
- One killed in Ashulia ‘gunfight’
- AL party leaders to take preparation for next polls
- Little child electrocuted in Munshiganj
- ‘Hasina is a true leader of subcontinent’
- ‘AL now much stronger than before’
- Tigers’ marvellous bowling going on
- Cameroon train derailment kills 55
- PM opens Awami League council
- AL’s council: Khaleda,Fakrul invited
- RU student’s body found in campus drain
- Trump objects to say whether he will accept election result
- Dhaka-Mymensingh rail communication interrupted
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia