Foods that can increase longevity
Around the world, certain groups of people enjoy exceptionally long lives. Consider the lucky people of Okinawa. These Pacific Islanders have an average life expectancy of more than 81 years, compared to 78 in the United States and a worldwide average of just 67. Closer to home, members of the Seventh Day Adventists, who typically eat vegetarian diets, outlive their neighbors by four to seven years on average.
1. Green Vegetables
The fact that vegetables have been shown by multiple studies to lengthen your life and improve your health isn't too surprising. But what might shock you is just how many years plants add—particularly dark, leafy greens. The most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, greens pack a powerful nutritional punch for just a few calories.
2. Coconut Oil
Rich in saturated medium chain fats, known as lauric acid, coconut oil raises good cholesterol while lowering the bad choloestrol. It also consists fatty acids which metabolized rapidly. Coconut oil also contains antioxidants, which can serves to be anti-inflammatory, fights against infections and heals wounds much faster.
Pineapples have many medicinal uses most notably for treatment of cancer and asthma. Bromelain, which is concentrated compound in the stem of the pineapple, is a protein-digesting enzyme extract from the pineapple plant.
Researchers found that people who ate the most fish had the highest levels of omega-3 fatty acids in their blood, which translated to a 27 percent lower risk of death. Pass on mercury-contaminated fish such as shark, swordfish, king mackerel, or tilefish. Researchers advise focusing on fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, herring, lake trout, sardines, and albacore tuna, and eating at least one serving per week.
Apples are most definitely a food to add to your longevity plan. Whether they’ll keep the doctor away is hard to say for sure, but considering they’re one of the top anti-cancer and heart-healthy foods out there, we have no excuse not to give these incredible fruits a chance.
- ‘Hasina is a true leader of subcontinent’
- ‘AL now much stronger than before’
- Tigers’ marvellous bowling going on
- Cameroon train derailment kills 55
- PM opens Awami League council
- AL’s council: Khaleda,Fakrul invited
- RU student’s body found in campus drain
- Trump objects to say whether he will accept election result
- Dhaka-Mymensingh rail communication interrupted
- Losing toss,Tigers to bowl first
- Obama urges Trump to stop whining
- School girl pregnant!
- ‘Bangladesh becomes role model in ICT’
- Digital World-2016 starts at Bashundhara
- British Bangladeshis launched a Fashion Week in London
- Police stands against Rampal protesters
- Indian visa without e-token for BD students
- Sheikh Russel’s birth anniversary today
- Wondrous uses of baking soda
- 7 JMB associates arrested
- Wild elephant attack kills an old man
- Several Jamaat leaders arrested in Jhenaidah
- Suspected killer of Nazimuddin arrested in city
- 3 held with weapons in Sherpur
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia