Foods that can increase longevity
Around the world, certain groups of people enjoy exceptionally long lives. Consider the lucky people of Okinawa. These Pacific Islanders have an average life expectancy of more than 81 years, compared to 78 in the United States and a worldwide average of just 67. Closer to home, members of the Seventh Day Adventists, who typically eat vegetarian diets, outlive their neighbors by four to seven years on average.
1. Green Vegetables
The fact that vegetables have been shown by multiple studies to lengthen your life and improve your health isn't too surprising. But what might shock you is just how many years plants add—particularly dark, leafy greens. The most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, greens pack a powerful nutritional punch for just a few calories.
2. Coconut Oil
Rich in saturated medium chain fats, known as lauric acid, coconut oil raises good cholesterol while lowering the bad choloestrol. It also consists fatty acids which metabolized rapidly. Coconut oil also contains antioxidants, which can serves to be anti-inflammatory, fights against infections and heals wounds much faster.
Pineapples have many medicinal uses most notably for treatment of cancer and asthma. Bromelain, which is concentrated compound in the stem of the pineapple, is a protein-digesting enzyme extract from the pineapple plant.
Researchers found that people who ate the most fish had the highest levels of omega-3 fatty acids in their blood, which translated to a 27 percent lower risk of death. Pass on mercury-contaminated fish such as shark, swordfish, king mackerel, or tilefish. Researchers advise focusing on fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, herring, lake trout, sardines, and albacore tuna, and eating at least one serving per week.
Apples are most definitely a food to add to your longevity plan. Whether they’ll keep the doctor away is hard to say for sure, but considering they’re one of the top anti-cancer and heart-healthy foods out there, we have no excuse not to give these incredible fruits a chance.
- Teesta deal is a matter of time: Obaidul
- SWAT team begins operation in Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Mashrafe not fixating on rankings in ODIs
- The tortoise chases a ball around the room like a dog
- Kangana gifts herself a bungalow for 30th birthday
- Two more held over British parliament attack
- Mymensingh road crash kills 10
- Police call militants of ‘Atia Mahal’ for surrender
- General Diary filed over Bangladesh Bank fire
- Arifa’s ‘killer’ ex-husband arrested from Tangail
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Contraceptive pill can slash the risk of ovarian,womb
- Salman becomes Bollywood’s highest advance tax payer
- ICT to submit formal charges against Pak army
- 9 rescued while being trafficked to Malaysia
- 'Without Teesta, Prime Minister’s India visit hollow'
- Mufti Hannan opts to seek presidential mercy
- Keep watch on your children: Prime Minister
- Vodka drinkers at greater risk of injury
- Actress Nipun comes with new film ‘Dhushor Kuasha’
- Shakib-Al-Hasan regains top spot in 3 formats
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!