Mashrafe to be UN goodwill ambassador
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Bangladesh is all set
to appoint Bangladesh National Cricket Team’s limited-overs skipper
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza as a UNDP National Goodwill Ambassador for
Youths in Bangladesh.
There have been players in the past such as Shakib Al Hasan, who have worked with partner organisations of the UN. However, Mashrafe is on track to be the first Bangladeshi player to work with the United Nations directly.
The player was extremely excited to have received the opportunity.
Mashrafe has led the national team’s ODI outfit to several historic wins in 2015 and has helped the Tigers achieve a series of unique achievements.
Over the years, many Olympians, World Champions, elite athletes and sports personalities have lent their names and time to support the UN family. Their appeal especially helps in motivating people to act in the interest of improving their own lives and those of their fellow citizens.
- Home ministry divided into 2 divisions
- N’ganj teacher assault: probe report submitted
- Bad news for BCB
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema starts Friday
- 39 jailed in India for human trafficking
- Reckless truck took away 24 children’s lives in India
- 15 members of ‘human trafficking gang’ held
- Robber killed in Kushtia ‘gunfight’
- 2 killed in Kushtia truck collision
- College student Juma’s assailant held
- President optimistic about formation of strong EC
- ‘Export earnings to exceed $60bn by 2021’
- Full verdict of Mufti Hannan published
- You need to eat more chocolate for best mood
- Salman Khan thanks fans for support in arm case
- Why not MP Rana’s bail, ask HC
- Peanut vendor’s story of learning English
- AD declares Kader Siddiqui’s nomination invalid
- Mushi to miss the 2nd test
- 'SAARC is very much alive'
- Arsenal Alexis Sanchez admits tax fraud
- 'Govt firm to ensure compliance in RMG industry'
- Man found dead with throat slit in Rupsha
- Graft case: 3 Agrani Bank officers jailed in Chittagong
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!