Death toll rises to 29 in Fiji
The number of people killed in the cyclone that hit Fiji at the weekend has risen to 29, with officials warning the clear-up could take months.
About eight thousand five hundred people are still sheltering in evacuation centres.
Cyclone Winston has flattened many buildings in parts of the Main Island.
It has been described by the Fiji Broadcasting Corporation as the worst to ever hit the country.
The category five storm brought winds of over 320km/h (200mph), torrential rain and waves of up to 12m (40ft).
The New Zealand Air Force has helped Fijian rescuers carry out aerial inspections across almost all the islands, Mr Perrin said.
Officials say the priority now is to provide water and shelter to Fijians as they begin rebuilding their homes.
Many parts of the country remain without power.
Australia and New Zealand have authorized the release of emergency aid supplies held in Suva.
- Govt. to take steps for quick trial of rape cases
- Fashion for TEENS
- 65% female MP are victims of sexual harassment
- Trump warns of World War-III
- 6 held with fake notes
- Youth held over Jhenidah schoolgirl stabbing
- Man killed in Joypurhat ‘gunfight’
- Govt raises allowances for freedom fighters
- Four ‘JMB men’ arrested in Bagerhat
- Man stabbed to death in Sunamganj
- Two killed in Jhenidah ‘shootout’
- Gunmen attack Pakistan police,59 killed
- Quader vows to bring significant change in AL
- Stalker who beats college girls held
- Coast guard official arrested on graft charges
- Indian forces kill 19 Maoists in Odisha
- Two held with yaba in Mathbariya
- ‘JSC, JDC exams to be held in time’
- Man dies falling from bus roof
- One killed in Ashulia ‘gunfight’
- AL party leaders to take preparation for next polls
- Little child electrocuted in Munshiganj
- ‘Hasina is a true leader of subcontinent’
- ‘AL now much stronger than before’
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia