'Mustafizur can upset any kind of batsmen'
On the eve of the Asia Cup T20 opener against India, the Bangladesh skipper had to field various questions on the 20-year-old left-arm fast medium bowler, whom he feels "can do things which others in his team can't".
Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza today termed the Indian batting line-up as one of the best in the world but said his highly skilled pacer Mustafizur Rahaman can upset any kind of homework done by the visiting batsmen.
Mashrafe told, "Mustafiz has many variations of his slow cutters. It is only important as to how confident he is about the execution part. He does he not focus on opposition batsmen and only concentrates on what he knows best. You can do your homework against Mustafiz but it might not work."
"Mustafiz doesn't think about all things like what all is said about him. So, as a captain, it is easier for me to guide a boy who has no inclination towards all these external factors. And since he does not really care, it does not put him under any sort of pressure. I think Mustafiz is diametrically opposite of what people perceive him to be as he has got so much success so early in his career. What he does is to go out there and play and come back.
"But, at the same time, what he is capable of is something others may not be capable of. He is scared of only one thing – when I am bowling from the opposite end," the skipper said bursting into laughter.
Mashrafe said that even though they won the ODI series last year, Bangladesh have to be at the top of their game to beat a quality side like India.
"Not only T20s, India's batting is a challenge for all formats. So, we have that challenge, but we have to play very confidently, without any fear, with freedom. We are very confident we will do our best."
- Govt raises allowances for freedom fighters
- Four ‘JMB men’ arrested in Bagerhat
- Man stabbed to death in Sunamganj
- Two killed in Jhenidah ‘shootout’
- Gunmen attack Pakistan police,59 killed
- Quader vows to bring significant change in AL
- Stalker who beats college girls held
- Coast guard official arrested on graft charges
- Indian forces kill 19 Maoists in Odisha
- Two held with yaba in Mathbariya
- ‘JSC, JDC exams to be held in time’
- Man dies falling from bus roof
- One killed in Ashulia ‘gunfight’
- AL party leaders to take preparation for next polls
- Little child electrocuted in Munshiganj
- ‘Hasina is a true leader of subcontinent’
- ‘AL now much stronger than before’
- Tigers’ marvellous bowling going on
- Cameroon train derailment kills 55
- PM opens Awami League council
- AL’s council: Khaleda,Fakrul invited
- RU student’s body found in campus drain
- Trump objects to say whether he will accept election result
- Dhaka-Mymensingh rail communication interrupted
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia