'Mustafizur can upset any kind of batsmen'
On the eve of the Asia Cup T20 opener against India, the Bangladesh skipper had to field various questions on the 20-year-old left-arm fast medium bowler, whom he feels "can do things which others in his team can't".
Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza today termed the Indian batting line-up as one of the best in the world but said his highly skilled pacer Mustafizur Rahaman can upset any kind of homework done by the visiting batsmen.
Mashrafe told, "Mustafiz has many variations of his slow cutters. It is only important as to how confident he is about the execution part. He does he not focus on opposition batsmen and only concentrates on what he knows best. You can do your homework against Mustafiz but it might not work."
"Mustafiz doesn't think about all things like what all is said about him. So, as a captain, it is easier for me to guide a boy who has no inclination towards all these external factors. And since he does not really care, it does not put him under any sort of pressure. I think Mustafiz is diametrically opposite of what people perceive him to be as he has got so much success so early in his career. What he does is to go out there and play and come back.
"But, at the same time, what he is capable of is something others may not be capable of. He is scared of only one thing – when I am bowling from the opposite end," the skipper said bursting into laughter.
Mashrafe said that even though they won the ODI series last year, Bangladesh have to be at the top of their game to beat a quality side like India.
"Not only T20s, India's batting is a challenge for all formats. So, we have that challenge, but we have to play very confidently, without any fear, with freedom. We are very confident we will do our best."
- 6 months’ jail for driving car without licence
- ‘Hasina supports India for making country desert’
- 13 year hell for Chinese man after traditional practice
- ‘Everyone is calling me a badass and I like it’
- India to seal border with Bangladesh and Pakistan
- HC to deliver verdict April 2 for Rajib killing
- Tigers starts campaign with a comfortable win
- Bandarban fire burns 30 shops, four houses
- Gunshots and blasts near militant den goes on
- ‘BNP patronized the fundamentalists forces’
- Sunny Leone’s beach holiday includes sun, sand and bikinis
- Two militants killed in Sylhet Militant den
- Al Qaeda leader Qari killed in US air strike
- Mehedi's ODI inclusion was my decision: Papon
- 13 killed and 9 injured in Chuadanga road crash
- Militancy will be dispelled, says PM
- Wounded Rab director Azad to be taken to Singapore
- Section 144 imposed near militant den Atia Mahal
- Grow up, being a little sad is not a sign of mental illness
- Katrina returns from the shoot of ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ in Austria
- Tigers leave a massive target for Sri Lanka
- Crocodile attack kills a man in Barguna
- Fakhrul questions death of bomb-carrier
- CCC polls is a challenge for democratic journey
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!