'Mustafizur can upset any kind of batsmen'
On the eve of the Asia Cup T20 opener against India, the Bangladesh skipper had to field various questions on the 20-year-old left-arm fast medium bowler, whom he feels "can do things which others in his team can't".
Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza today termed the Indian batting line-up as one of the best in the world but said his highly skilled pacer Mustafizur Rahaman can upset any kind of homework done by the visiting batsmen.
Mashrafe told, "Mustafiz has many variations of his slow cutters. It is only important as to how confident he is about the execution part. He does he not focus on opposition batsmen and only concentrates on what he knows best. You can do your homework against Mustafiz but it might not work."
"Mustafiz doesn't think about all things like what all is said about him. So, as a captain, it is easier for me to guide a boy who has no inclination towards all these external factors. And since he does not really care, it does not put him under any sort of pressure. I think Mustafiz is diametrically opposite of what people perceive him to be as he has got so much success so early in his career. What he does is to go out there and play and come back.
"But, at the same time, what he is capable of is something others may not be capable of. He is scared of only one thing – when I am bowling from the opposite end," the skipper said bursting into laughter.
Mashrafe said that even though they won the ODI series last year, Bangladesh have to be at the top of their game to beat a quality side like India.
"Not only T20s, India's batting is a challenge for all formats. So, we have that challenge, but we have to play very confidently, without any fear, with freedom. We are very confident we will do our best."
- PM blasts media over shooting Gaibandha boy
- Snoring may cause a stroke!
- ‘Dangal’ makes history in Bollywood box-office
- Arafat Sunny put remand
- ‘Stay away from terrorism, militancy and drug’
- Death Reference of 7 murder case reached at HC
- Young girl allegedly raped in Habiganj
- 'Sunny shared nude photographs via Facebook'
- Former APS of Suronjit, Faruque jailed for 5 years
- Cricketer Arafat Sunny held
- Gambian leader Jammeh leaves power after 22 year
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema ends seeking blessing and mankind
- Rain wasted 3rd day of test
- Indian Train derailed, 23 killed, 50 injured
- 11 stomach-flattening ingredients
- ‘Awami League vows to face BNP's movement politically’
- ‘CEC doing everything to keep AL in power’
- Katrina Kaif shares a selfie from her bed
- ‘Power, energy ministry to be paperless by 3 years’
- 3 snatchers held in city
- Second Test in balance after Shakib’s triple-strike
- Vegetable market blast kills 18 in Pakistan
- Medical service suspended at BSMMU
- PM on the way to return home
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!