National tribute in memory of Pilkhana victims
The nation is paying tribute to the army officials killed by disgruntled border guards at their Pilkhana headquarters seven years back on this day.
President Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, former army chief HM Ershad, Interior Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal and three chiefs paid tribute.
Thursday at 9 am at Banani graveyard wreaths at the grave at first President Abdul Hamid and then Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina paid their tributes to the victims. Then other people paid their tribute one by one.
After placing the wreaths 1-minute silence was observed in tribute. Then they prayed for eternal peace of their souls.
Seventy four people, including 57 senior and mid-ranking army officials, were massacred in the BDR mutiny on February 25-26 in 2009 at the Pilkhana headquarters of the paramilitary force that has been renamed Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB).
The High Court is likely to finish hearing the death reference and appeals in BDR carnage case in May this year, as it has already completed majority of their proceedings in the last 190 working days.
After the verdict, it may take some time for writing and releasing the full verdict and then both the state and defence may move appeals before the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, if they want to.
- PM on the way to return home
- A story of breast cancer sufferer
- Akshay Kumar takes a dip in the holy Ganga
- ‘RAB is not responsible for the Seven-Murder’
- Biswa Ijtema 2nd phase begins
- Kareena will join fashion week in Mumbai
- 2 arrested with huge fake passports in Mohammadpur
- 38 BNP leaders and activists arrested in Gaibandha
- 17 shops gutted in Borguna
- Tanu murder’s 10 months: rising anger and frustration
- Soumya and Shakib save Bangladesh, out for 289
- Judicial probe body blamed MP salim Osman
- Henceforth Neimer’s goal
- US air strikes killed 80 IS militants
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema begins today
- Home ministry divided into 2 divisions
- N’ganj teacher assault: probe report submitted
- Bad news for BCB
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema starts Friday
- 39 jailed in India for human trafficking
- Reckless truck took away 24 children’s lives in India
- 15 members of ‘human trafficking gang’ held
- Robber killed in Kushtia ‘gunfight’
- 2 killed in Kushtia truck collision
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!