National tribute in memory of Pilkhana victims
The nation is paying tribute to the army officials killed by disgruntled border guards at their Pilkhana headquarters seven years back on this day.
President Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, former army chief HM Ershad, Interior Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal and three chiefs paid tribute.
Thursday at 9 am at Banani graveyard wreaths at the grave at first President Abdul Hamid and then Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina paid their tributes to the victims. Then other people paid their tribute one by one.
After placing the wreaths 1-minute silence was observed in tribute. Then they prayed for eternal peace of their souls.
Seventy four people, including 57 senior and mid-ranking army officials, were massacred in the BDR mutiny on February 25-26 in 2009 at the Pilkhana headquarters of the paramilitary force that has been renamed Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB).
The High Court is likely to finish hearing the death reference and appeals in BDR carnage case in May this year, as it has already completed majority of their proceedings in the last 190 working days.
After the verdict, it may take some time for writing and releasing the full verdict and then both the state and defence may move appeals before the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, if they want to.
- AL’s council: Khaleda,Fakrul invited
- RU student’s body found in campus drain
- Trump objects to say whether he will accept election result
- Dhaka-Mymensingh rail communication interrupted
- Losing toss,Tigers to bowl first
- Obama urges Trump to stop whining
- School girl pregnant!
- ‘Bangladesh becomes role model in ICT’
- Digital World-2016 starts at Bashundhara
- British Bangladeshis launched a Fashion Week in London
- Police stands against Rampal protesters
- Indian visa without e-token for BD students
- Sheikh Russel’s birth anniversary today
- Wondrous uses of baking soda
- 7 JMB associates arrested
- Wild elephant attack kills an old man
- Several Jamaat leaders arrested in Jhenaidah
- Suspected killer of Nazimuddin arrested in city
- 3 held with weapons in Sherpur
- PM returns today
- Bangladesh, India to work together
- Modi welcomes Hasina in Bengali words
- 4 dead bodies found in Savar
- A teenager killed in Sharsha road accident
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- High hope on solar
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia