National tribute in memory of Pilkhana victims
The nation is paying tribute to the army officials killed by disgruntled border guards at their Pilkhana headquarters seven years back on this day.
President Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, former army chief HM Ershad, Interior Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal and three chiefs paid tribute.
Thursday at 9 am at Banani graveyard wreaths at the grave at first President Abdul Hamid and then Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina paid their tributes to the victims. Then other people paid their tribute one by one.
After placing the wreaths 1-minute silence was observed in tribute. Then they prayed for eternal peace of their souls.
Seventy four people, including 57 senior and mid-ranking army officials, were massacred in the BDR mutiny on February 25-26 in 2009 at the Pilkhana headquarters of the paramilitary force that has been renamed Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB).
The High Court is likely to finish hearing the death reference and appeals in BDR carnage case in May this year, as it has already completed majority of their proceedings in the last 190 working days.
After the verdict, it may take some time for writing and releasing the full verdict and then both the state and defence may move appeals before the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, if they want to.
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Contraceptive pill can slash the risk of ovarian,womb
- Salman becomes Bollywood’s highest advance tax payer
- ICT to submit formal charges against Pak army
- 9 rescued while being trafficked to Malaysia
- 'Without Teesta, Prime Minister’s India visit hollow'
- Mufti Hannan opts to seek presidential mercy
- Keep watch on your children: Prime Minister
- Vodka drinkers at greater risk of injury
- Actress Nipun comes with new film ‘Dhushor Kuasha’
- Shakib-Al-Hasan regains top spot in 3 formats
- 'Militants planning to attack on government foundations'
- At least 26 die due to hunger in Somalia
- ‘No foreign troops would be tolerated’
- HEC students stage demonstration again
- HC asks BMCH doctors to join work today
- Full verdict released, no bar to execute Hannan
- Cops raid 2 ‘militant dens’ in Chittagong city
- ‘The darkest day in Sri Lankan cricket’
- New mums feel more judged by 'food police'
- Amitabh shares a post: ‘Death, the inevitable end’
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!