Businessman is planning Lavish Weddings For 100 Poor Girls
Like most business tycoons from Surat, Gopal Vastapara too could have splurged on his son Vaibhav's wedding in February.
But he opted for a simple ceremony that was attended by just 300 people, mostly relatives. Now, this 51-year-old real estate developer is planning to spend lavishly to get his 100 'daughters' married!
Vastapara is busy preparing for mass marriage of 100 girls from socially and economically backward families, irrespective of their caste and religion.
On April 28, these girls will get married at an extravagant function to be held in Vastapara's native village Chamardi in Amreli district. He identified girls from different talukas of Amreli and Rajkot districts whose families are unable to bear the marriage expenses.
"We decided to get our son married in a very simple function and instead use the money to help 100 girls from poor families by arranging their marriages. Our moto is Sarva Dharam, Sarva Samaj (All religion, all communities). The girls who will get married are from various castes and include six Muslims too," Vastapara told TOI.
Unlike most mass marriages where the number of invitees is capped, Vastapara has allowed the girls as well as the grooms to call as many friends and relatives as they wish to. It is expected that nearly 60,000 people will attend the ceremony in Chamardi. "We will provide all the household belongings required to start a new life. I consider all of them my daughters," said Vastapara, who is spending at least Rs 3 crore for the cause.
The real estate developer has pledged to sponsor lavish marriages of 100 girls every year for the next 10 years. The newly-wed couples will take a pledge to 'Save the girl child and save environment' on the marriage day.
- BNP prolongs support to hartal on gas tarrif hike
- Mathews to miss two Tests against Bangladesh
- Know how to look gorgeous beyond 30s
- 8 burnt in Old Dhaka fire, fire service working
- Ayesha opens up about her shocking makeover
- China Nanchang hotel fire kills 3, injures 14
- Menon slams Hefazat over HC statue removal
- Bangladeshi citizens to get MRPs in 7 days
- BNP circulate to bring back reformists
- ‘Diversify products, expand export market’
- Messi already signed new contract with Barcelona
- Hartal on Tuesday protesting gas price hike
- 6 myths you probably don’t know about an aquarium
- ‘Anaarkali Of Aarah’ trailer releases, see it
- Hefazat protests against Greek statue in SC
- ‘Kim Jong Nam killed by VX nerve agent’
- 5 cops injured in Noakhali road crash
- Khadiza on way to home from CRP
- Shafik gets permission, leaves for London
- BNP demands rejecting gas price hike
- Bernicat meets Khaleda to understand political situation
- PM slams Khaleda for destroying dignity of Martyrs
- Tarana for expanding Ekushey spirit
- 3 Indian channels to continue in Bangladesh
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!