Businessman is planning Lavish Weddings For 100 Poor Girls
Like most business tycoons from Surat, Gopal Vastapara too could have splurged on his son Vaibhav's wedding in February.
But he opted for a simple ceremony that was attended by just 300 people, mostly relatives. Now, this 51-year-old real estate developer is planning to spend lavishly to get his 100 'daughters' married!
Vastapara is busy preparing for mass marriage of 100 girls from socially and economically backward families, irrespective of their caste and religion.
On April 28, these girls will get married at an extravagant function to be held in Vastapara's native village Chamardi in Amreli district. He identified girls from different talukas of Amreli and Rajkot districts whose families are unable to bear the marriage expenses.
"We decided to get our son married in a very simple function and instead use the money to help 100 girls from poor families by arranging their marriages. Our moto is Sarva Dharam, Sarva Samaj (All religion, all communities). The girls who will get married are from various castes and include six Muslims too," Vastapara told TOI.
Unlike most mass marriages where the number of invitees is capped, Vastapara has allowed the girls as well as the grooms to call as many friends and relatives as they wish to. It is expected that nearly 60,000 people will attend the ceremony in Chamardi. "We will provide all the household belongings required to start a new life. I consider all of them my daughters," said Vastapara, who is spending at least Rs 3 crore for the cause.
The real estate developer has pledged to sponsor lavish marriages of 100 girls every year for the next 10 years. The newly-wed couples will take a pledge to 'Save the girl child and save environment' on the marriage day.
- Grow up, being a little sad is not a sign of mental illness
- Katrina returns from the shoot of ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ in Austria
- Tigers leave a massive target for Sri Lanka
- Crocodile attack kills a man in Barguna
- Fakhrul questions death of bomb-carrier
- CCC polls is a challenge for democratic journey
- Saudi embassy confirms UK attacker from Saudi
- Nation observes 'Genocide Day' for the very first time
- Couple’s throat-slit bodies found in Bandarban
- 69 rescued from ‘Sylhet militant den'
- Teesta deal is a matter of time: Obaidul
- SWAT team begins operation in Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Mashrafe not fixating on rankings in ODIs
- The tortoise chases a ball around the room like a dog
- Kangana gifts herself a bungalow for 30th birthday
- Two more held over British parliament attack
- Mymensingh road crash kills 10
- Police call militants of ‘Atia Mahal’ for surrender
- General Diary filed over Bangladesh Bank fire
- Arifa’s ‘killer’ ex-husband arrested from Tangail
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!