If you are a teacher
07 things you can only understand
As society celebrates you for the differences you make to the lives of children, it’s nice to get some recognition for what is a very tough job.
But you know that there is so much about the role that those who have never been at the chalkface don’t realise.
As teachers can nod along with the things about their job that they recognise, those who have never worked in a school are about to discover the secrets of the staff room in these 07 things that only educators understand.
1. The colour co-ordinated marking. Oh, this is NOT a good batch of homework. Now, where did I put my blood red pen…?
2. That kid that you secretly hate. Sorry folks, but teachers DO have their favourites. And it stands to reason that they therefore have their least favourites too.
3. Seating plans. You spend hours on them, purposefully crafting the social experiment that will turn Set 5 Year 9 into darling angels. You spend an entire lesson implementing it and by the time the next lesson comes along, you’ve given up. Mostly because you’ve forgotten where everyone is meant to be sitting.
4. The colleague who leaves the staff room at lunch time ten minutes early to ‘set up for Period 4’. You will NOT make me feel guilty for squeezing in another cuppa.
5. Exam invigilating. If you didn’t play games with your colleagues such as having races up the aisles or seeing who can make the most students look up, you weren’t using this work time effectively.
6. Rival departments. The staff room divide was never more apparent than at after-school training sessions. The announcement that we would be mixing in with Science for some role play was a work nightmare.
7. The kid who reminds the class that there was homework due is just as irritating to us. We forgot it for a reason. Mostly because we recalled that it’s double Corrie tonight and we don’t have a marking window.
- 6 myths you probably don’t know about an aquarium
- ‘Anaarkali Of Aarah’ trailer releases, see it
- Hefazat protests against Greek statue in SC
- ‘Kim Jong Nam killed by VX nerve agent’
- 5 cops injured in Noakhali road crash
- Khadiza on way to home from CRP
- Shafik gets permission, leaves for London
- BNP demands rejecting gas price hike
- Bernicat meets Khaleda to understand political situation
- PM slams Khaleda for destroying dignity of Martyrs
- Tarana for expanding Ekushey spirit
- 3 Indian channels to continue in Bangladesh
- ‘Mass exile not goal of immigration memos’
- Young man kills 3 siblings in Narsingdi
- No more spam Calls with the Truecaller App
- Charge sheet to be submitted March 27
- ‘Kader mastermind of MP Liton’s murder’
- Driver gets life in Tareque, Mishuk killing case
- Sussanne Khan on bonding with Hrithik Roshan
- Liton murder: Ex-JP MP Kader Khan held in Bogra
- Growing attacks on troopers at border: BSF
- CJ apologises for not having Bangla in court
- 12 natural mouth-freshers that you don't know before
- 6 killed, 14 injured in Pakistan court Bomblast
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!