If you are a teacher
07 things you can only understand
As society celebrates you for the differences you make to the lives of children, it’s nice to get some recognition for what is a very tough job.
But you know that there is so much about the role that those who have never been at the chalkface don’t realise.
As teachers can nod along with the things about their job that they recognise, those who have never worked in a school are about to discover the secrets of the staff room in these 07 things that only educators understand.
1. The colour co-ordinated marking. Oh, this is NOT a good batch of homework. Now, where did I put my blood red pen…?
2. That kid that you secretly hate. Sorry folks, but teachers DO have their favourites. And it stands to reason that they therefore have their least favourites too.
3. Seating plans. You spend hours on them, purposefully crafting the social experiment that will turn Set 5 Year 9 into darling angels. You spend an entire lesson implementing it and by the time the next lesson comes along, you’ve given up. Mostly because you’ve forgotten where everyone is meant to be sitting.
4. The colleague who leaves the staff room at lunch time ten minutes early to ‘set up for Period 4’. You will NOT make me feel guilty for squeezing in another cuppa.
5. Exam invigilating. If you didn’t play games with your colleagues such as having races up the aisles or seeing who can make the most students look up, you weren’t using this work time effectively.
6. Rival departments. The staff room divide was never more apparent than at after-school training sessions. The announcement that we would be mixing in with Science for some role play was a work nightmare.
7. The kid who reminds the class that there was homework due is just as irritating to us. We forgot it for a reason. Mostly because we recalled that it’s double Corrie tonight and we don’t have a marking window.
- PM on the way to return home
- A story of breast cancer sufferer
- Akshay Kumar takes a dip in the holy Ganga
- ‘RAB is not responsible for the Seven-Murder’
- Biswa Ijtema 2nd phase begins
- Kareena will join fashion week in Mumbai
- 2 arrested with huge fake passports in Mohammadpur
- 38 BNP leaders and activists arrested in Gaibandha
- 17 shops gutted in Borguna
- Tanu murder’s 10 months: rising anger and frustration
- Soumya and Shakib save Bangladesh, out for 289
- Judicial probe body blamed MP salim Osman
- Henceforth Neimer’s goal
- US air strikes killed 80 IS militants
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema begins today
- Home ministry divided into 2 divisions
- N’ganj teacher assault: probe report submitted
- Bad news for BCB
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema starts Friday
- 39 jailed in India for human trafficking
- Reckless truck took away 24 children’s lives in India
- 15 members of ‘human trafficking gang’ held
- Robber killed in Kushtia ‘gunfight’
- 2 killed in Kushtia truck collision
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!