Hundreds of dangerous spiders released in UK!
Around 400 fen raft spider the largest of the nation’s 660 species of spider – have been deliberately set free by zoo keepers.
The eight legged monsters have brown or black bodies with white or cream stripes along the sides and a span of over seven centimetres – 2.75 inches.
They live in fens and other wetlands in southern England and Wales and are able to sit on the surface of the water and move across it thanks to their hairy legs.
They enjoy munching on small spiders, dragonfly larvae and pond skaters, however they are not averse to catching small vertebrates such as fish and tadpoles.
And they are ‘very caring mothers,’ experts said.
Now Chessington World of Adventures zoo keepers have been rewarded for helping to reintroduce the spiders back into its natural habitats.
The popular tourist attraction released fen raft spider-lings as part of a conservation effort for the endangered species.
- ‘7-murder verdict ensures justice’
- Trump vows ‘insurance for everybody’
- Deepika and Vin Diesel celebrate the success of ‘xXx’
- Red chilli may help you live longer
- ‘Seven-murder verdict proves rule of law’
- 4 women imprisoned without trial, attend in the HC
- PM reaches Davos to attend WEF
- 4 died in Bagerhat bus crash
- No serious injury, says Mushfiq
- Violence inside 2 prisons in Brazil leaves 26 dead
- 20 died in Turkish Airlines cargo jet crashed:
- New Zealand beat Bangladesh by 7 wickets
- College student stabbed by young man
- 7 murder case: Including Nur Hossain 26 awarded death penalty
- Hajj pre-registration begins today
- Father of Chinese Romanization dies at 111
- Akheri Munajat of Biswa Ijtema held today
- BD’s human rights scenario more terrible than HRW report
- Depression may be as risky as obesity and cholesterol
- Kareena to come back in work in February
- SC extends till Feb 5 to publish gazette
- 'Bangladesh witnessed a spate of violent attacks'
- Cloning UNO’s mobile number, miscreants demand money from all UP chairmen
- BCB announces preliminary squad for India and Sri Lanka tour
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!