Hundreds of dangerous spiders released in UK!
Around 400 fen raft spider the largest of the nation’s 660 species of spider – have been deliberately set free by zoo keepers.
The eight legged monsters have brown or black bodies with white or cream stripes along the sides and a span of over seven centimetres – 2.75 inches.
They live in fens and other wetlands in southern England and Wales and are able to sit on the surface of the water and move across it thanks to their hairy legs.
They enjoy munching on small spiders, dragonfly larvae and pond skaters, however they are not averse to catching small vertebrates such as fish and tadpoles.
And they are ‘very caring mothers,’ experts said.
Now Chessington World of Adventures zoo keepers have been rewarded for helping to reintroduce the spiders back into its natural habitats.
The popular tourist attraction released fen raft spider-lings as part of a conservation effort for the endangered species.
- BNP prolongs support to hartal on gas tarrif hike
- Mathews to miss two Tests against Bangladesh
- Know how to look gorgeous beyond 30s
- 8 burnt in Old Dhaka fire, fire service working
- Ayesha opens up about her shocking makeover
- China Nanchang hotel fire kills 3, injures 14
- Menon slams Hefazat over HC statue removal
- Bangladeshi citizens to get MRPs in 7 days
- BNP circulate to bring back reformists
- ‘Diversify products, expand export market’
- Messi already signed new contract with Barcelona
- Hartal on Tuesday protesting gas price hike
- 6 myths you probably don’t know about an aquarium
- ‘Anaarkali Of Aarah’ trailer releases, see it
- Hefazat protests against Greek statue in SC
- ‘Kim Jong Nam killed by VX nerve agent’
- 5 cops injured in Noakhali road crash
- Khadiza on way to home from CRP
- Shafik gets permission, leaves for London
- BNP demands rejecting gas price hike
- Bernicat meets Khaleda to understand political situation
- PM slams Khaleda for destroying dignity of Martyrs
- Tarana for expanding Ekushey spirit
- 3 Indian channels to continue in Bangladesh
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!