Science-Backed ways to make you look more attractive
There are scientific ways to make you look more attractive. In fact, psychologists have spent years in finding out how to make the socialisation process and relationships work better.
Read on as we tell you 05 things that will help you shine in your social circle.
1. Smile more
Two studies conducted in Switzerland revealed that smiling and attractiveness are directly related. The stronger your smile, the more attractive your face looks. In fact, a happy face can really attract people. Grumpy people, are you listening?
2. Be kind
In a study from China, 100 men and women looked at images of other men and women and rated each picture on attractiveness. Each image had to be paired with a word that described either a positive personality trait or a negative one. The results showed that people with positive traits were considered more attractive.
3. Wear red
A 2010 cross cultural study found that women are most attracted to men wearing red. It is believed that everything becomes automatically more pleasing in red. Red symbolises power and ambition. In fact, wearing red may work for women too.
4. Be funny
Multiple studies demonstrate that guys who cracked jokes were three times likely to get a woman's number as compared to men who didn't. In fact, they are perceived as more attractive and intelligent. It is a widely believed theory that funny people are considered relatively more social and more intelligent, both qualities most people seek in their partners.
5. Hang out in groups
A 2014 study carried out at the University of California, San Diego, found that people were deemed to look better when they were in a group. Study authors Drew Walker and Edward Vul write that, ‘having a few wingmen or wing women may indeed be a good dating strategy, particularly if their facial features complement and average out one's unattractive idiosyncrasies.’
- Teesta deal is a matter of time: Obaidul
- SWAT team begins operation in Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Mashrafe not fixating on rankings in ODIs
- The tortoise chases a ball around the room like a dog
- Kangana gifts herself a bungalow for 30th birthday
- Two more held over British parliament attack
- Mymensingh road crash kills 10
- Police call militants of ‘Atia Mahal’ for surrender
- General Diary filed over Bangladesh Bank fire
- Arifa’s ‘killer’ ex-husband arrested from Tangail
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Contraceptive pill can slash the risk of ovarian,womb
- Salman becomes Bollywood’s highest advance tax payer
- ICT to submit formal charges against Pak army
- 9 rescued while being trafficked to Malaysia
- 'Without Teesta, Prime Minister’s India visit hollow'
- Mufti Hannan opts to seek presidential mercy
- Keep watch on your children: Prime Minister
- Vodka drinkers at greater risk of injury
- Actress Nipun comes with new film ‘Dhushor Kuasha’
- Shakib-Al-Hasan regains top spot in 3 formats
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!