Science-Backed ways to make you look more attractive
There are scientific ways to make you look more attractive. In fact, psychologists have spent years in finding out how to make the socialisation process and relationships work better.
Read on as we tell you 05 things that will help you shine in your social circle.
1. Smile more
Two studies conducted in Switzerland revealed that smiling and attractiveness are directly related. The stronger your smile, the more attractive your face looks. In fact, a happy face can really attract people. Grumpy people, are you listening?
2. Be kind
In a study from China, 100 men and women looked at images of other men and women and rated each picture on attractiveness. Each image had to be paired with a word that described either a positive personality trait or a negative one. The results showed that people with positive traits were considered more attractive.
3. Wear red
A 2010 cross cultural study found that women are most attracted to men wearing red. It is believed that everything becomes automatically more pleasing in red. Red symbolises power and ambition. In fact, wearing red may work for women too.
4. Be funny
Multiple studies demonstrate that guys who cracked jokes were three times likely to get a woman's number as compared to men who didn't. In fact, they are perceived as more attractive and intelligent. It is a widely believed theory that funny people are considered relatively more social and more intelligent, both qualities most people seek in their partners.
5. Hang out in groups
A 2014 study carried out at the University of California, San Diego, found that people were deemed to look better when they were in a group. Study authors Drew Walker and Edward Vul write that, ‘having a few wingmen or wing women may indeed be a good dating strategy, particularly if their facial features complement and average out one's unattractive idiosyncrasies.’
- Messi already signed new contract with Barcelona
- Hartal on Tuesday protesting gas price hike
- 6 myths you probably don’t know about an aquarium
- ‘Anaarkali Of Aarah’ trailer releases, see it
- Hefazat protests against Greek statue in SC
- ‘Kim Jong Nam killed by VX nerve agent’
- 5 cops injured in Noakhali road crash
- Khadiza on way to home from CRP
- Shafik gets permission, leaves for London
- BNP demands rejecting gas price hike
- Bernicat meets Khaleda to understand political situation
- PM slams Khaleda for destroying dignity of Martyrs
- Tarana for expanding Ekushey spirit
- 3 Indian channels to continue in Bangladesh
- ‘Mass exile not goal of immigration memos’
- Young man kills 3 siblings in Narsingdi
- No more spam Calls with the Truecaller App
- Charge sheet to be submitted March 27
- ‘Kader mastermind of MP Liton’s murder’
- Driver gets life in Tareque, Mishuk killing case
- Sussanne Khan on bonding with Hrithik Roshan
- Liton murder: Ex-JP MP Kader Khan held in Bogra
- Growing attacks on troopers at border: BSF
- CJ apologises for not having Bangla in court
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!