Science-Backed ways to make you look more attractive
There are scientific ways to make you look more attractive. In fact, psychologists have spent years in finding out how to make the socialisation process and relationships work better.
Read on as we tell you 05 things that will help you shine in your social circle.
1. Smile more
Two studies conducted in Switzerland revealed that smiling and attractiveness are directly related. The stronger your smile, the more attractive your face looks. In fact, a happy face can really attract people. Grumpy people, are you listening?
2. Be kind
In a study from China, 100 men and women looked at images of other men and women and rated each picture on attractiveness. Each image had to be paired with a word that described either a positive personality trait or a negative one. The results showed that people with positive traits were considered more attractive.
3. Wear red
A 2010 cross cultural study found that women are most attracted to men wearing red. It is believed that everything becomes automatically more pleasing in red. Red symbolises power and ambition. In fact, wearing red may work for women too.
4. Be funny
Multiple studies demonstrate that guys who cracked jokes were three times likely to get a woman's number as compared to men who didn't. In fact, they are perceived as more attractive and intelligent. It is a widely believed theory that funny people are considered relatively more social and more intelligent, both qualities most people seek in their partners.
5. Hang out in groups
A 2014 study carried out at the University of California, San Diego, found that people were deemed to look better when they were in a group. Study authors Drew Walker and Edward Vul write that, ‘having a few wingmen or wing women may indeed be a good dating strategy, particularly if their facial features complement and average out one's unattractive idiosyncrasies.’
- HC rejects plea against holding office
- 2 cases of bird flu detected in Bangladesh
- 2 Bangladeshi IS suspects arrested in Kuala Lumpur
- Mastermind Rajib makes reportedly ‘confession’
- ‘AL leaders desperate to cling to power fearing public wraths’
- UP chairman Akhi suspended over Nasirnagar attack
- The symptoms may be caused by a parasite carried by cat
- ‘Shah Rukh Khan spoilt me’
- Burmese army asks for 'time' to solve Rohingya crisis
- 2 suspects remanded over Liton murder
- Cricketer Sunny sued again for 'demanding dowry
- Landslide kills 2 in Sylhet
- ‘Terrorism main challenge to Bangladesh’s development’
- PM blasts media over shooting Gaibandha boy
- Snoring may cause a stroke!
- ‘Dangal’ makes history in Bollywood box-office
- Arafat Sunny put remand
- ‘Stay away from terrorism, militancy and drug’
- Death Reference of 7 murder case reached at HC
- Young girl allegedly raped in Habiganj
- 'Sunny shared nude photographs via Facebook'
- Former APS of Suronjit, Faruque jailed for 5 years
- Cricketer Arafat Sunny held
- Gambian leader Jammeh leaves power after 22 year
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!