World’s fattest child put on crash diet to save his life
A boy dubbed the world’s fattest child has been put on a crash diet to save his life.
Arya Permana weighs 30 stone and, unsurprisingly, is classified as being morbidly obese.
He can’t walk any more and had to quit school as a result of his weight, achieved through a five-meals-a-day eating regime.
His parents have been unable to find clothes that fit and he now wears a sarong all the time, finally getting them to come to the conclusion that he needs to stop eating.
His mother Rokayah Somantri said: ‘He is perpetually hungry and has an enormous diet and can actually eat meals of two adults at one time. He is always tired and complains of shortness of breath. He only eats and sleeps and when he is not done with both, he jumps into the bathtub and stays there for hours.
‘There is no other pain than seeing your own child suffering. My son does not go to school because he cannot walk on his own and needs my round-the-clock assistance.
‘He can only take small steps before he looses balance. I wish to see my son studying and playing with other kids in the neighbourhood.’
- PM slams rights orgs for keeping mum
- Ants can navigate while walking backwards
- 'Dhingana’ from ‘Raees’ releases today
- HC rejects plea against holding office
- 2 cases of bird flu detected in Bangladesh
- 2 Bangladeshi IS suspects arrested in Kuala Lumpur
- Mastermind Rajib makes reportedly ‘confession’
- ‘AL leaders desperate to cling to power fearing public wraths’
- UP chairman Akhi suspended over Nasirnagar attack
- The symptoms may be caused by a parasite carried by cat
- ‘Shah Rukh Khan spoilt me’
- Burmese army asks for 'time' to solve Rohingya crisis
- 2 suspects remanded over Liton murder
- Cricketer Sunny sued again for 'demanding dowry
- Landslide kills 2 in Sylhet
- ‘Terrorism main challenge to Bangladesh’s development’
- PM blasts media over shooting Gaibandha boy
- Snoring may cause a stroke!
- ‘Dangal’ makes history in Bollywood box-office
- Arafat Sunny put remand
- ‘Stay away from terrorism, militancy and drug’
- Death Reference of 7 murder case reached at HC
- Young girl allegedly raped in Habiganj
- 'Sunny shared nude photographs via Facebook'
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!