Weird benefit of having a good cry!
You probably already knew that crying is good for you mentally. A good crying session when you need it relieves stress and feels cathartic, helping you to deal with whatever rubbish thing is happening.
But it turns out crying has another weird benefit: it might be able to help you to lose weight.
Stress expert Dr Pete Sulack explained to PopSugar that your tears actually contain stress hormones, meaning that when you cry, your reducing the levels of these hormones in the body.
This impacts weight loss because one of those stress hormones is cortisol, which is a hormone that also happens to make your stomach cling on to fat.
Now, to be clear, that doesn’t mean you can replace your gym trips with a forced crying session.
As Yahoo notes, studies have shown that only tears that are caused by genuine emotions – not faked tears or those induced by onion-chopping – contain stress hormones.
So if you force out the tears, crying won’t have any benefits.
- HC adjourns hearing on Khaleda’s plea till Mar 1
- 'Transport strike in Khulna division illogical'
- Live in green neighbourhood to cut depression, anxiety
- Shaon files a case against vlogger Bunty
- Malaysia airport declared ‘safe of any toxin’
- Mushfiq thinks Tigers have opportunity in SL
- ‘Prisoners to get cell phone facilities’
- Khadiza’s testimony recorded in Sylhet court
- PM inaugurates Bangladesh's first solar food silo
- 4 engineers and contractors get 10 years jail
- BNP prolongs support to hartal on gas tarrif hike
- Mathews to miss two Tests against Bangladesh
- Know how to look gorgeous beyond 30s
- 8 burnt in Old Dhaka fire, fire service working
- Ayesha opens up about her shocking makeover
- China Nanchang hotel fire kills 3, injures 14
- Menon slams Hefazat over HC statue removal
- Bangladeshi citizens to get MRPs in 7 days
- BNP circulate to bring back reformists
- ‘Diversify products, expand export market’
- Messi already signed new contract with Barcelona
- Hartal on Tuesday protesting gas price hike
- 6 myths you probably don’t know about an aquarium
- ‘Anaarkali Of Aarah’ trailer releases, see it
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!