More brides are opting for portrait mehendi
If you still want the regular, intricate, bride and groom on your wedding mehendi, you are living under a rock. Now, getting your partner's face — complete with every detail — on your palms is the new trend. TV actress Divyanka Tripathi, who got married recently, got hers and her groom Vivek Dahiya's face drawn in the middle of her palms, and it was so detailed that it looked like a painting.
Mehendi artiste Bishwanath Mondal, who goes by the name of Bishu, has been doing this for a couple of years now. "I like to try new things in mehendi, so this is something I figured out after experimenting," he says, adding, "It is a complicated process. No free-hand drawing will give results like this. So we get hold of a photo of the bride and groom, sketch it, then make a decal of it. It is stuck on the middle of the bride's palm, and water applied for the tattoo to stick. Then the sticker is peeled off. After that, we put a paste of mehendi on the area. Once the mehendi dries, we take the sticker off and proceed to draw designs around it. The area that is covered by the tattoo does not take the colour, and the rest does, making the design look exactly like the bride and groom."
It takes 3-4 days to get the sketch done. However, mehendi artistes ask for your picture one month before the big day. This designer mehendi's pocket pinch? Approx `3,000 just for the faces on the palm.
Homemaker Ruchika Gupta, who got it done for her wedding, says, "Everybody appreciated my mehendi on my big day. It was something different, and it also came out beautifully. My husband was especially excited as he is fond of getting his picture taken."
- Bernicat meets Khaleda to understand political situation
- PM slams Khaleda for destroying dignity of Martyrs
- Tarana for expanding Ekushey spirit
- 3 Indian channels to continue in Bangladesh
- ‘Mass exile not goal of immigration memos’
- Young man kills 3 siblings in Narsingdi
- No more spam Calls with the Truecaller App
- Charge sheet to be submitted March 27
- ‘Kader mastermind of MP Liton’s murder’
- Driver gets life in Tareque, Mishuk killing case
- Sussanne Khan on bonding with Hrithik Roshan
- Liton murder: Ex-JP MP Kader Khan held in Bogra
- Growing attacks on troopers at border: BSF
- CJ apologises for not having Bangla in court
- 12 natural mouth-freshers that you don't know before
- 6 killed, 14 injured in Pakistan court Bomblast
- Fizz, Rubel come back for Sri Lanka Tests in March
- Tigers pay homage to ‘Amar Ekushey’
- Nation paying tributes to language martyrs
- Quader demands to make Bangla as UN language
- President hopes new EC to be transparent, accountable
- CCTV footage shows deadly assault on Nam
- Shahid Afridi retires from international cricket
- ‘New EC will fulfill our expectations’
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!