More brides are opting for portrait mehendi
If you still want the regular, intricate, bride and groom on your wedding mehendi, you are living under a rock. Now, getting your partner's face — complete with every detail — on your palms is the new trend. TV actress Divyanka Tripathi, who got married recently, got hers and her groom Vivek Dahiya's face drawn in the middle of her palms, and it was so detailed that it looked like a painting.
Mehendi artiste Bishwanath Mondal, who goes by the name of Bishu, has been doing this for a couple of years now. "I like to try new things in mehendi, so this is something I figured out after experimenting," he says, adding, "It is a complicated process. No free-hand drawing will give results like this. So we get hold of a photo of the bride and groom, sketch it, then make a decal of it. It is stuck on the middle of the bride's palm, and water applied for the tattoo to stick. Then the sticker is peeled off. After that, we put a paste of mehendi on the area. Once the mehendi dries, we take the sticker off and proceed to draw designs around it. The area that is covered by the tattoo does not take the colour, and the rest does, making the design look exactly like the bride and groom."
It takes 3-4 days to get the sketch done. However, mehendi artistes ask for your picture one month before the big day. This designer mehendi's pocket pinch? Approx `3,000 just for the faces on the palm.
Homemaker Ruchika Gupta, who got it done for her wedding, says, "Everybody appreciated my mehendi on my big day. It was something different, and it also came out beautifully. My husband was especially excited as he is fond of getting his picture taken."
- Teesta deal is a matter of time: Obaidul
- SWAT team begins operation in Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Mashrafe not fixating on rankings in ODIs
- The tortoise chases a ball around the room like a dog
- Kangana gifts herself a bungalow for 30th birthday
- Two more held over British parliament attack
- Mymensingh road crash kills 10
- Police call militants of ‘Atia Mahal’ for surrender
- General Diary filed over Bangladesh Bank fire
- Arifa’s ‘killer’ ex-husband arrested from Tangail
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Contraceptive pill can slash the risk of ovarian,womb
- Salman becomes Bollywood’s highest advance tax payer
- ICT to submit formal charges against Pak army
- 9 rescued while being trafficked to Malaysia
- 'Without Teesta, Prime Minister’s India visit hollow'
- Mufti Hannan opts to seek presidential mercy
- Keep watch on your children: Prime Minister
- Vodka drinkers at greater risk of injury
- Actress Nipun comes with new film ‘Dhushor Kuasha’
- Shakib-Al-Hasan regains top spot in 3 formats
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!