More brides are opting for portrait mehendi
If you still want the regular, intricate, bride and groom on your wedding mehendi, you are living under a rock. Now, getting your partner's face — complete with every detail — on your palms is the new trend. TV actress Divyanka Tripathi, who got married recently, got hers and her groom Vivek Dahiya's face drawn in the middle of her palms, and it was so detailed that it looked like a painting.
Mehendi artiste Bishwanath Mondal, who goes by the name of Bishu, has been doing this for a couple of years now. "I like to try new things in mehendi, so this is something I figured out after experimenting," he says, adding, "It is a complicated process. No free-hand drawing will give results like this. So we get hold of a photo of the bride and groom, sketch it, then make a decal of it. It is stuck on the middle of the bride's palm, and water applied for the tattoo to stick. Then the sticker is peeled off. After that, we put a paste of mehendi on the area. Once the mehendi dries, we take the sticker off and proceed to draw designs around it. The area that is covered by the tattoo does not take the colour, and the rest does, making the design look exactly like the bride and groom."
It takes 3-4 days to get the sketch done. However, mehendi artistes ask for your picture one month before the big day. This designer mehendi's pocket pinch? Approx `3,000 just for the faces on the palm.
Homemaker Ruchika Gupta, who got it done for her wedding, says, "Everybody appreciated my mehendi on my big day. It was something different, and it also came out beautifully. My husband was especially excited as he is fond of getting his picture taken."
- Kareena will join fashion week in Mumbai
- 2 arrested with huge fake passports in Mohammadpur
- 38 BNP leaders and activists arrested in Gaibandha
- 17 shops gutted in Borguna
- Tanu murder’s 10 months: rising anger and frustration
- Soumya and Shakib save Bangladesh, out for 289
- Judicial probe body blamed MP salim Osman for N'ganj teacher humiliation
- Henceforth Neimer’s goal
- US air strikes killed 80 IS militants
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema begins today
- Home ministry divided into 2 divisions
- N’ganj teacher assault: probe report submitted
- Bad news for BCB
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema starts Friday
- 39 jailed in India for human trafficking
- Reckless truck took away 24 children’s lives in India
- 15 members of ‘human trafficking gang’ held
- Robber killed in Kushtia ‘gunfight’
- 2 killed in Kushtia truck collision
- College student Juma’s assailant held
- President optimistic about formation of strong EC
- ‘Export earnings to exceed $60bn by 2021’
- Full verdict of Mufti Hannan published
- You need to eat more chocolate for best mood
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!