Tigresses beat Thailand by 35 runs
Sports Desk: Bangladeshi Tigress beat Thiland by 35 runs in the last match in Women’s T20 Asia Cup. Bangladesh bounced back strongly as they overwhelmed Thailand by 35 runs in the 5th match of the Women’s T20 Asia Cup at the Asian Institute of Technology ground in Bangkok today.
Thailand captain Sonnarin Tippoch won the toss and chose to field first. Her bowlers responded brilliantly and delivered the early breakthroughs to leave Bangladesh wobbling at 2-8 inside six overs. The third wicket partnership of 42 runs in nine overs stopped the rot, and allowed Bangladesh to reach 88 runs after 20 overs for the loss of six wickets.
Sanjida Islam held one end secured, as wickets fell around her. She scored 38 crucial runs from 48 balls to keep her side in the contest. For Thailand, Suleeporn Laomi was the most successful bowler during Bangladesh’s innings, and she took three wickets for 18 runs in four overs to peg back the tourists.
Chasing 89 for victory, the hosts were blown away by the early burst of wickets, as Jahanara Alam and Rumana Ahmed ripped apart Thailand’s top-order. From 5-35 inside 11 overs, Thailand looked down the barrel as Panna Ghosh began to wreck havoc in their ranks. Panna polished off Thailand’s lower order to complete with four wickets for only nine runs in four fantastic overs.
- Bernicat meets Khaleda to understand political situation
- PM slams Khaleda for destroying dignity of Martyrs
- Tarana for expanding Ekushey spirit
- 3 Indian channels to continue in Bangladesh
- ‘Mass exile not goal of immigration memos’
- Young man kills 3 siblings in Narsingdi
- No more spam Calls with the Truecaller App
- Charge sheet to be submitted March 27
- ‘Kader mastermind of MP Liton’s murder’
- Driver gets life in Tareque, Mishuk killing case
- Sussanne Khan on bonding with Hrithik Roshan
- Liton murder: Ex-JP MP Kader Khan held in Bogra
- Growing attacks on troopers at border: BSF
- CJ apologises for not having Bangla in court
- 12 natural mouth-freshers that you don't know before
- 6 killed, 14 injured in Pakistan court Bomblast
- Fizz, Rubel come back for Sri Lanka Tests in March
- Tigers pay homage to ‘Amar Ekushey’
- Nation paying tributes to language martyrs
- Quader demands to make Bangla as UN language
- President hopes new EC to be transparent, accountable
- CCTV footage shows deadly assault on Nam
- Shahid Afridi retires from international cricket
- ‘New EC will fulfill our expectations’
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!