Tigresses beat Thailand by 35 runs
Sports Desk: Bangladeshi Tigress beat Thiland by 35 runs in the last match in Women’s T20 Asia Cup. Bangladesh bounced back strongly as they overwhelmed Thailand by 35 runs in the 5th match of the Women’s T20 Asia Cup at the Asian Institute of Technology ground in Bangkok today.
Thailand captain Sonnarin Tippoch won the toss and chose to field first. Her bowlers responded brilliantly and delivered the early breakthroughs to leave Bangladesh wobbling at 2-8 inside six overs. The third wicket partnership of 42 runs in nine overs stopped the rot, and allowed Bangladesh to reach 88 runs after 20 overs for the loss of six wickets.
Sanjida Islam held one end secured, as wickets fell around her. She scored 38 crucial runs from 48 balls to keep her side in the contest. For Thailand, Suleeporn Laomi was the most successful bowler during Bangladesh’s innings, and she took three wickets for 18 runs in four overs to peg back the tourists.
Chasing 89 for victory, the hosts were blown away by the early burst of wickets, as Jahanara Alam and Rumana Ahmed ripped apart Thailand’s top-order. From 5-35 inside 11 overs, Thailand looked down the barrel as Panna Ghosh began to wreck havoc in their ranks. Panna polished off Thailand’s lower order to complete with four wickets for only nine runs in four fantastic overs.
- Muhith favours 15% VAT again
- ‘Bangladesh is safe for foreigners’
- Shakib in career-best ICC test rankings
- ‘Awami League creates instability conditions in politics’
- Overloaded truck not to be allowed on highways: Minister
- IS using Church as headquarter in Iraq
- Court rejected bail, sent sunny to jail
- Big fight in release: 'Kaabil' vs 'Raees'
- Jute bags use mandatory for more 11 goods
- PM slams rights orgs for keeping mum
- Ants can navigate while walking backwards
- 'Dhingana’ from ‘Raees’ releases today
- HC rejects plea against holding office
- 2 cases of bird flu detected in Bangladesh
- 2 Bangladeshi IS suspects arrested in Kuala Lumpur
- Mastermind Rajib makes reportedly ‘confession’
- ‘AL leaders desperate to cling to power fearing public wraths’
- UP chairman Akhi suspended over Nasirnagar attack
- The symptoms may be caused by a parasite carried by cat
- ‘Shah Rukh Khan spoilt me’
- Burmese army asks for 'time' to solve Rohingya crisis
- 2 suspects remanded over Liton murder
- Cricketer Sunny sued again for 'demanding dowry
- Landslide kills 2 in Sylhet
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!