Tigresses beat Thailand by 35 runs
Sports Desk: Bangladeshi Tigress beat Thiland by 35 runs in the last match in Women’s T20 Asia Cup. Bangladesh bounced back strongly as they overwhelmed Thailand by 35 runs in the 5th match of the Women’s T20 Asia Cup at the Asian Institute of Technology ground in Bangkok today.
Thailand captain Sonnarin Tippoch won the toss and chose to field first. Her bowlers responded brilliantly and delivered the early breakthroughs to leave Bangladesh wobbling at 2-8 inside six overs. The third wicket partnership of 42 runs in nine overs stopped the rot, and allowed Bangladesh to reach 88 runs after 20 overs for the loss of six wickets.
Sanjida Islam held one end secured, as wickets fell around her. She scored 38 crucial runs from 48 balls to keep her side in the contest. For Thailand, Suleeporn Laomi was the most successful bowler during Bangladesh’s innings, and she took three wickets for 18 runs in four overs to peg back the tourists.
Chasing 89 for victory, the hosts were blown away by the early burst of wickets, as Jahanara Alam and Rumana Ahmed ripped apart Thailand’s top-order. From 5-35 inside 11 overs, Thailand looked down the barrel as Panna Ghosh began to wreck havoc in their ranks. Panna polished off Thailand’s lower order to complete with four wickets for only nine runs in four fantastic overs.
- 6 months’ jail for driving car without licence
- ‘Hasina supports India for making country desert’
- 13 year hell for Chinese man after traditional practice
- ‘Everyone is calling me a badass and I like it’
- India to seal border with Bangladesh and Pakistan
- HC to deliver verdict April 2 for Rajib killing
- Tigers starts campaign with a comfortable win
- Bandarban fire burns 30 shops, four houses
- Gunshots and blasts near militant den goes on
- ‘BNP patronized the fundamentalists forces’
- Sunny Leone’s beach holiday includes sun, sand and bikinis
- Two militants killed in Sylhet Militant den
- Al Qaeda leader Qari killed in US air strike
- Mehedi's ODI inclusion was my decision: Papon
- 13 killed and 9 injured in Chuadanga road crash
- Militancy will be dispelled, says PM
- Wounded Rab director Azad to be taken to Singapore
- Section 144 imposed near militant den Atia Mahal
- Grow up, being a little sad is not a sign of mental illness
- Katrina returns from the shoot of ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ in Austria
- Tigers leave a massive target for Sri Lanka
- Crocodile attack kills a man in Barguna
- Fakhrul questions death of bomb-carrier
- CCC polls is a challenge for democratic journey
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!