Mustafiz selected ICC's emerging player of the year
Sports Correspondent: Mustafizur Rahman, one of the Bangladesh's most famous cricketers, has scored a new record for his country by becoming the first player to win an International Cricket Council (ICC) award yesterday.
In their end-of-year awards, the sport's global governing body called the left-arm seamer Mustafizur Rahman as the ICC's Emerging Player of the Year for 2016.
The voting period for the ICC awards was between September 14 2015 and September 20 2016, and although the amazing bowler's year was curtailed to an extent by the shoulder operation he had in England in August, he has still done enough to be named the brightest young star in cricket. Within that period, he played three One-day Internationals for Bangladesh which yielded eight wickets at an average of 11.75, and 10 T20Is that produced 19 wickets at 11.73.
He featured in the ICC World Twenty20 in India in February-March this year and, although he was working his way back from a side strain, bagged the tournament's best bowling figures with 5 wickets for 22 against New Zealand in Kolkata.
- Muhith favours 15% VAT again
- ‘Bangladesh is safe for foreigners’
- Shakib in career-best ICC test rankings
- ‘Awami League creates instability conditions in politics’
- Overloaded truck not to be allowed on highways: Minister
- IS using Church as headquarter in Iraq
- Court rejected bail, sent sunny to jail
- Big fight in release: 'Kaabil' vs 'Raees'
- Jute bags use mandatory for more 11 goods
- PM slams rights orgs for keeping mum
- Ants can navigate while walking backwards
- 'Dhingana’ from ‘Raees’ releases today
- HC rejects plea against holding office
- 2 cases of bird flu detected in Bangladesh
- 2 Bangladeshi IS suspects arrested in Kuala Lumpur
- Mastermind Rajib makes reportedly ‘confession’
- ‘AL leaders desperate to cling to power fearing public wraths’
- UP chairman Akhi suspended over Nasirnagar attack
- The symptoms may be caused by a parasite carried by cat
- ‘Shah Rukh Khan spoilt me’
- Burmese army asks for 'time' to solve Rohingya crisis
- 2 suspects remanded over Liton murder
- Cricketer Sunny sued again for 'demanding dowry
- Landslide kills 2 in Sylhet
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!