Malaysian employers to pay tax of foreign workers
Online Desk: Malaysian employers will be responsibleto paythe levy of foreign workersbeginning fromJanuary 1 on Sunday, said the country’s home ministry.
Malaysian Home Minister Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi yesterday said that employers would no longer be able to deduct the wages of their foreign workers for the levy.
Currentlythe foreign workers in Malaysia have to pay Ringgit 2600 annually as the tax from their salaries.
This new ruling comes under an Employer Mandatory Commitment (EMC), aimed to ensure that employers are fully responsible for their foreign workers.
Dr Ahmad Zahid who is also deputy prime minister of Malaysia said the commitment would be in effect from the application stage right up until the foreign worker is sent back to their country of origin.
- ‘AL leaders desperate to cling to power fearing public wraths’
- UP chairman Akhi suspended over Nasirnagar attack
- The symptoms may be caused by a parasite carried by cat
- ‘Shah Rukh Khan spoilt me’
- Burmese army asks for 'time' to solve Rohingya crisis
- 2 suspects remanded over Liton murder
- Cricketer Sunny sued again for 'demanding dowry
- Landslide kills 2 in Sylhet
- ‘Terrorism main challenge to Bangladesh’s development’
- PM blasts media over shooting Gaibandha boy
- Snoring may cause a stroke!
- ‘Dangal’ makes history in Bollywood box-office
- Arafat Sunny put remand
- ‘Stay away from terrorism, militancy and drug’
- Death Reference of 7 murder case reached at HC
- Young girl allegedly raped in Habiganj
- 'Sunny shared nude photographs via Facebook'
- Former APS of Suronjit, Faruque jailed for 5 years
- Cricketer Arafat Sunny held
- Gambian leader Jammeh leaves power after 22 year
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema ends seeking blessing and mankind
- Rain wasted 3rd day of test
- Indian Train derailed, 23 killed, 50 injured
- 11 stomach-flattening ingredients
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!