Tigers to play 1st T-20 against NZ tomorrow
Sports Desk: Bangladesh will face New Zealand in the 1st match of their three-match T20I series at McLeanPark, Napier on Tuesday.
The match will open at 12 pm Bangladesh time.
This will be Mashrafe Bin Mortaza’s 50th T20I and the Bangladesh team will be looking to seal their maiden victory against New Zealand in the T-20 format of cricket in their 5th meeting since 2010.
Mashrafe hoped that his side will avoid repeating errors they made in the ODI series where the hosts whitewashed Bangladesh by 3-0 margin.
As an experienced player, Shakib must look forward to regaining consistency for reviving the Tigers’ confidence in the three-match series.
Bangladesh and New Zealand last played a T20I in March 2016 in the World T20, India.
The Tigers are going to miss a few players from that squad. Mohammad Mithun and Al-Amin Hossain are not in the touring party while Mushfiqur Rahim is recovering from a hamstring injury. Taskin Ahmed and Imrul Kayes could take the place of Al-Amin and Mithun, while Mosaddek Hossain is likely to play ahead of Shuvagata Hom in the XI. The other face included in the best eleven is Taijul Islam.
Meanwhile, the home side formed a strong line-up, including uncapped batsman Tom Bruce, who has a strike rate of 156 in T20s, is expected to bolster the middle order with Corey Anderson and Colin Munro. All-rounder Ben Wheeler, who played six ODIs between June and August 2015, was picked in the squad along with Neil Broom, who was brought in as a replacement for injured Martin Guptill.
- Teesta deal is a matter of time: Obaidul
- SWAT team begins operation in Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Mashrafe not fixating on rankings in ODIs
- The tortoise chases a ball around the room like a dog
- Kangana gifts herself a bungalow for 30th birthday
- Two more held over British parliament attack
- Mymensingh road crash kills 10
- Police call militants of ‘Atia Mahal’ for surrender
- General Diary filed over Bangladesh Bank fire
- Arifa’s ‘killer’ ex-husband arrested from Tangail
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Contraceptive pill can slash the risk of ovarian,womb
- Salman becomes Bollywood’s highest advance tax payer
- ICT to submit formal charges against Pak army
- 9 rescued while being trafficked to Malaysia
- 'Without Teesta, Prime Minister’s India visit hollow'
- Mufti Hannan opts to seek presidential mercy
- Keep watch on your children: Prime Minister
- Vodka drinkers at greater risk of injury
- Actress Nipun comes with new film ‘Dhushor Kuasha’
- Shakib-Al-Hasan regains top spot in 3 formats
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!