Tigers to play 1st T-20 against NZ tomorrow
Sports Desk: Bangladesh will face New Zealand in the 1st match of their three-match T20I series at McLeanPark, Napier on Tuesday.
The match will open at 12 pm Bangladesh time.
This will be Mashrafe Bin Mortaza’s 50th T20I and the Bangladesh team will be looking to seal their maiden victory against New Zealand in the T-20 format of cricket in their 5th meeting since 2010.
Mashrafe hoped that his side will avoid repeating errors they made in the ODI series where the hosts whitewashed Bangladesh by 3-0 margin.
As an experienced player, Shakib must look forward to regaining consistency for reviving the Tigers’ confidence in the three-match series.
Bangladesh and New Zealand last played a T20I in March 2016 in the World T20, India.
The Tigers are going to miss a few players from that squad. Mohammad Mithun and Al-Amin Hossain are not in the touring party while Mushfiqur Rahim is recovering from a hamstring injury. Taskin Ahmed and Imrul Kayes could take the place of Al-Amin and Mithun, while Mosaddek Hossain is likely to play ahead of Shuvagata Hom in the XI. The other face included in the best eleven is Taijul Islam.
Meanwhile, the home side formed a strong line-up, including uncapped batsman Tom Bruce, who has a strike rate of 156 in T20s, is expected to bolster the middle order with Corey Anderson and Colin Munro. All-rounder Ben Wheeler, who played six ODIs between June and August 2015, was picked in the squad along with Neil Broom, who was brought in as a replacement for injured Martin Guptill.
- Muhith favours 15% VAT again
- ‘Bangladesh is safe for foreigners’
- Shakib in career-best ICC test rankings
- ‘Awami League creates instability conditions in politics’
- Overloaded truck not to be allowed on highways: Minister
- IS using Church as headquarter in Iraq
- Court rejected bail, sent sunny to jail
- Big fight in release: 'Kaabil' vs 'Raees'
- Jute bags use mandatory for more 11 goods
- PM slams rights orgs for keeping mum
- Ants can navigate while walking backwards
- 'Dhingana’ from ‘Raees’ releases today
- HC rejects plea against holding office
- 2 cases of bird flu detected in Bangladesh
- 2 Bangladeshi IS suspects arrested in Kuala Lumpur
- Mastermind Rajib makes reportedly ‘confession’
- ‘AL leaders desperate to cling to power fearing public wraths’
- UP chairman Akhi suspended over Nasirnagar attack
- The symptoms may be caused by a parasite carried by cat
- ‘Shah Rukh Khan spoilt me’
- Burmese army asks for 'time' to solve Rohingya crisis
- 2 suspects remanded over Liton murder
- Cricketer Sunny sued again for 'demanding dowry
- Landslide kills 2 in Sylhet
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!