Anniversary of BCL observed across the country
Staff Correspondent:Today is the 69th anniversary of the country's traditional student wing Bangladesh Chhatra League. In order to achieve the independence and autonomy, this student organisation of glory and tradition, was born a year before the Awami League was established.
The activists who led the turn-by-turn at different stages in the history, the leaders of this organization are still going through national politics. At present, a lot of top political leaders had experience
On January 4, 1948, the organization was founded by Father of the Nation, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Under his leadership, this organization was started at Fazlul Huq Hall of Dhaka University officially.
Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL), a pro-Awami League (AL) student organisation, will observe its 69th founding anniversary today.
Since the inception of the organisation, it contributed a lot to 1952 Language Movement, 1959 Mass Upsurge, 1971 Liberation War, 1990 Anti-Autocracy MovementThe BCL has chalked out elaborate programmes across the country, said its central president Saifur Rahman Sohag and general secretary SM Jakir Hossain.
The programmes will start through placing wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu at Bangabandhu Bhaban at 6:30am and hoisting of BCL flag at its central office. BCL leaders will cut a cake at Curzon Hall of DU.
It will also bring out a colourful procession at 10:00am from Aparajeya Bangla at DU.
Meanwhile, two factions of BCL, backed by the Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (JSD), will also observe the day with separate programmes today.
- Messi already signed new contract with Barcelona
- Hartal on Tuesday protesting gas price hike
- 6 myths you probably don’t know about an aquarium
- ‘Anaarkali Of Aarah’ trailer releases, see it
- Hefazat protests against Greek statue in SC
- ‘Kim Jong Nam killed by VX nerve agent’
- 5 cops injured in Noakhali road crash
- Khadiza on way to home from CRP
- Shafik gets permission, leaves for London
- BNP demands rejecting gas price hike
- Bernicat meets Khaleda to understand political situation
- PM slams Khaleda for destroying dignity of Martyrs
- Tarana for expanding Ekushey spirit
- 3 Indian channels to continue in Bangladesh
- ‘Mass exile not goal of immigration memos’
- Young man kills 3 siblings in Narsingdi
- No more spam Calls with the Truecaller App
- Charge sheet to be submitted March 27
- ‘Kader mastermind of MP Liton’s murder’
- Driver gets life in Tareque, Mishuk killing case
- Sussanne Khan on bonding with Hrithik Roshan
- Liton murder: Ex-JP MP Kader Khan held in Bogra
- Growing attacks on troopers at border: BSF
- CJ apologises for not having Bangla in court
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!