Anniversary of BCL observed across the country
Staff Correspondent:Today is the 69th anniversary of the country's traditional student wing Bangladesh Chhatra League. In order to achieve the independence and autonomy, this student organisation of glory and tradition, was born a year before the Awami League was established.
The activists who led the turn-by-turn at different stages in the history, the leaders of this organization are still going through national politics. At present, a lot of top political leaders had experience
On January 4, 1948, the organization was founded by Father of the Nation, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Under his leadership, this organization was started at Fazlul Huq Hall of Dhaka University officially.
Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL), a pro-Awami League (AL) student organisation, will observe its 69th founding anniversary today.
Since the inception of the organisation, it contributed a lot to 1952 Language Movement, 1959 Mass Upsurge, 1971 Liberation War, 1990 Anti-Autocracy MovementThe BCL has chalked out elaborate programmes across the country, said its central president Saifur Rahman Sohag and general secretary SM Jakir Hossain.
The programmes will start through placing wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu at Bangabandhu Bhaban at 6:30am and hoisting of BCL flag at its central office. BCL leaders will cut a cake at Curzon Hall of DU.
It will also bring out a colourful procession at 10:00am from Aparajeya Bangla at DU.
Meanwhile, two factions of BCL, backed by the Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (JSD), will also observe the day with separate programmes today.
- Muhith favours 15% VAT again
- ‘Bangladesh is safe for foreigners’
- Shakib in career-best ICC test rankings
- ‘Awami League creates instability conditions in politics’
- Overloaded truck not to be allowed on highways: Minister
- IS using Church as headquarter in Iraq
- Court rejected bail, sent sunny to jail
- Big fight in release: 'Kaabil' vs 'Raees'
- Jute bags use mandatory for more 11 goods
- PM slams rights orgs for keeping mum
- Ants can navigate while walking backwards
- 'Dhingana’ from ‘Raees’ releases today
- HC rejects plea against holding office
- 2 cases of bird flu detected in Bangladesh
- 2 Bangladeshi IS suspects arrested in Kuala Lumpur
- Mastermind Rajib makes reportedly ‘confession’
- ‘AL leaders desperate to cling to power fearing public wraths’
- UP chairman Akhi suspended over Nasirnagar attack
- The symptoms may be caused by a parasite carried by cat
- ‘Shah Rukh Khan spoilt me’
- Burmese army asks for 'time' to solve Rohingya crisis
- 2 suspects remanded over Liton murder
- Cricketer Sunny sued again for 'demanding dowry
- Landslide kills 2 in Sylhet
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!