Anniversary of BCL observed across the country
Staff Correspondent:Today is the 69th anniversary of the country's traditional student wing Bangladesh Chhatra League. In order to achieve the independence and autonomy, this student organisation of glory and tradition, was born a year before the Awami League was established.
The activists who led the turn-by-turn at different stages in the history, the leaders of this organization are still going through national politics. At present, a lot of top political leaders had experience
On January 4, 1948, the organization was founded by Father of the Nation, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Under his leadership, this organization was started at Fazlul Huq Hall of Dhaka University officially.
Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL), a pro-Awami League (AL) student organisation, will observe its 69th founding anniversary today.
Since the inception of the organisation, it contributed a lot to 1952 Language Movement, 1959 Mass Upsurge, 1971 Liberation War, 1990 Anti-Autocracy MovementThe BCL has chalked out elaborate programmes across the country, said its central president Saifur Rahman Sohag and general secretary SM Jakir Hossain.
The programmes will start through placing wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu at Bangabandhu Bhaban at 6:30am and hoisting of BCL flag at its central office. BCL leaders will cut a cake at Curzon Hall of DU.
It will also bring out a colourful procession at 10:00am from Aparajeya Bangla at DU.
Meanwhile, two factions of BCL, backed by the Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (JSD), will also observe the day with separate programmes today.
- Teesta deal is a matter of time: Obaidul
- SWAT team begins operation in Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Mashrafe not fixating on rankings in ODIs
- The tortoise chases a ball around the room like a dog
- Kangana gifts herself a bungalow for 30th birthday
- Two more held over British parliament attack
- Mymensingh road crash kills 10
- Police call militants of ‘Atia Mahal’ for surrender
- General Diary filed over Bangladesh Bank fire
- Arifa’s ‘killer’ ex-husband arrested from Tangail
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Contraceptive pill can slash the risk of ovarian,womb
- Salman becomes Bollywood’s highest advance tax payer
- ICT to submit formal charges against Pak army
- 9 rescued while being trafficked to Malaysia
- 'Without Teesta, Prime Minister’s India visit hollow'
- Mufti Hannan opts to seek presidential mercy
- Keep watch on your children: Prime Minister
- Vodka drinkers at greater risk of injury
- Actress Nipun comes with new film ‘Dhushor Kuasha’
- Shakib-Al-Hasan regains top spot in 3 formats
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!