‘Liton was killed because of his anti-Jamaat-Shibir role’
Staff Correspondent: Referring that her government won't tolerate the murder of peoples' representatives, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said the murderers of Awami League lawmaker from Gaibandha-1 constituency Manzurul Islam Liton must be given stringent punishment.
In this connection, the premier once again directed the law enforcement agencies to hunt down the killers ofLiton, who has shot dead at his home in Sundarganj Upazila in Gaibandha on Saturday. "Our target is to ensure peace and security for all," she said.
The prime minister was talking to a cross-section of the people of eight districts of Rangpur division through video conferencing from her official Ganabhaban residence here this noon.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid, Information Minister Hasanul Haque Inu, Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal and lawmakers of Rangpur division including HN Ashiqur Rahman, Tipu Munshi, Nurul Isalm Sujon, Ramesh Chandra Sen and Motahar Hossain were present at Ganabhaban.
Recalling anti-Jamaat-Shibir role of Liton in Sundarganj, the prime minister said he used to resist the anti-liberation forces and give security to the people in his locality. "Liton was brutally killed due to his anti-Jamaat-Shibir role and we won't tolerate this murder in any way," she said.
- Sec 144 imposed near militant den Atia Mahal
- Grow up, being a little sad is not a sign of mental illness
- Katrina returns from the shoot of ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ in Austria
- Tigers leave a massive target for Sri Lanka
- Crocodile attack kills a man in Barguna
- Fakhrul questions death of bomb-carrier
- CCC polls is a challenge for democratic journey
- Saudi embassy confirms UK attacker from Saudi
- Nation observes 'Genocide Day' for the very first time
- Couple’s throat-slit bodies found in Bandarban
- 69 rescued from ‘Sylhet militant den'
- Teesta deal is a matter of time: Obaidul
- SWAT team begins operation in Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Mashrafe not fixating on rankings in ODIs
- The tortoise chases a ball around the room like a dog
- Kangana gifts herself a bungalow for 30th birthday
- Two more held over British parliament attack
- Mymensingh road crash kills 10
- Police call militants of ‘Atia Mahal’ for surrender
- General Diary filed over Bangladesh Bank fire
- Arifa’s ‘killer’ ex-husband arrested from Tangail
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!