‘Liton was killed because of his anti-Jamaat-Shibir role’
Staff Correspondent: Referring that her government won't tolerate the murder of peoples' representatives, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said the murderers of Awami League lawmaker from Gaibandha-1 constituency Manzurul Islam Liton must be given stringent punishment.
In this connection, the premier once again directed the law enforcement agencies to hunt down the killers ofLiton, who has shot dead at his home in Sundarganj Upazila in Gaibandha on Saturday. "Our target is to ensure peace and security for all," she said.
The prime minister was talking to a cross-section of the people of eight districts of Rangpur division through video conferencing from her official Ganabhaban residence here this noon.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid, Information Minister Hasanul Haque Inu, Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal and lawmakers of Rangpur division including HN Ashiqur Rahman, Tipu Munshi, Nurul Isalm Sujon, Ramesh Chandra Sen and Motahar Hossain were present at Ganabhaban.
Recalling anti-Jamaat-Shibir role of Liton in Sundarganj, the prime minister said he used to resist the anti-liberation forces and give security to the people in his locality. "Liton was brutally killed due to his anti-Jamaat-Shibir role and we won't tolerate this murder in any way," she said.
- ‘7-murder verdict ensures justice’
- Trump vows ‘insurance for everybody’
- Deepika and Vin Diesel celebrate the success of ‘xXx’
- Red chilli may help you live longer
- ‘Seven-murder verdict proves rule of law’
- 4 women imprisoned without trial, attend in the HC
- PM reaches Davos to attend WEF
- 4 died in Bagerhat bus crash
- No serious injury, says Mushfiq
- Violence inside 2 prisons in Brazil leaves 26 dead
- 20 died in Turkish Airlines cargo jet crashed:
- New Zealand beat Bangladesh by 7 wickets
- College student stabbed by young man
- 7 murder case: Including Nur Hossain 26 awarded death penalty
- Hajj pre-registration begins today
- Father of Chinese Romanization dies at 111
- Akheri Munajat of Biswa Ijtema held today
- BD’s human rights scenario more terrible than HRW report
- Depression may be as risky as obesity and cholesterol
- Kareena to come back in work in February
- SC extends till Feb 5 to publish gazette
- 'Bangladesh witnessed a spate of violent attacks'
- Cloning UNO’s mobile number, miscreants demand money from all UP chairmen
- BCB announces preliminary squad for India and Sri Lanka tour
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!