Australia likely to come to Bangladesh
Sports Desk:James Sutherland, Cricket Australia's chief executive, has said that the chances of Australia’s tour to Bangladesh later this year are "quite possible ". The Steven Smith led side are most likely to play two Tests against the Asian team if there are no further security issues.
Initially, the tour had to occur in October 2015, but after receiving advice from the Australian government that there were "high risks" if they went ahead, the series was postponed. Cricket Australia (CA) even withdrew their U-19 team from the World Cup played in Bangladesh in January 2016.
"I think they [chances] are quite high," Sutherland said to ABC radio on Wednesday (January 4). "What we saw at the end of last year was the England team tour Bangladesh. We certainly saw very strong security around the team. We actually sent our head of security, Sean Carroll, over to observe for seven or ten days, just to get a little bit of comfort on the systems and processes that were in place.
"Anything can take place between now and then, and we continue to look after what's happening in Bangladesh, but we work on the assumption that we're going to play and we start to plan accordingly. But we certainly get a good deal of comfort from the way in which the security measures were put in place by the Bangladesh government, in conjunction with the cricket board over there. At the moment I would assume that we would be playing two Tests over there."
- Teesta deal is a matter of time: Obaidul
- SWAT team begins operation in Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Mashrafe not fixating on rankings in ODIs
- The tortoise chases a ball around the room like a dog
- Kangana gifts herself a bungalow for 30th birthday
- Two more held over British parliament attack
- Mymensingh road crash kills 10
- Police call militants of ‘Atia Mahal’ for surrender
- General Diary filed over Bangladesh Bank fire
- Arifa’s ‘killer’ ex-husband arrested from Tangail
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Contraceptive pill can slash the risk of ovarian,womb
- Salman becomes Bollywood’s highest advance tax payer
- ICT to submit formal charges against Pak army
- 9 rescued while being trafficked to Malaysia
- 'Without Teesta, Prime Minister’s India visit hollow'
- Mufti Hannan opts to seek presidential mercy
- Keep watch on your children: Prime Minister
- Vodka drinkers at greater risk of injury
- Actress Nipun comes with new film ‘Dhushor Kuasha’
- Shakib-Al-Hasan regains top spot in 3 formats
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!