Khaleda appears in court for self-defence
Staff Correspondent: BNP Chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia is on way to Dhaka Judge Court this morning to place her self-defence statement in Zia Charitable Trust and Zia Orphanage Trust graft cases.
On December 29, Judge Md Abu Ahmed Jamadar of Dhaka Special Judge Court-3 asked Khaleda, her son Tarique Rahman and four others to appear before the court today to defend themselves in Zia orphanage graft case.
The court also warned them that it would cancel bail if they fail to appear before the court today.
Earlier on December 22, the same court fixed today asking Khaleda for her appearance to place self-defence statement in Zia Charitable trust graft case.
On December 1, the former prime minister pleaded not guilty and denied the charge of abuse of power in managing funds for the Zia Charitable Trust. She also gave her partial self-defence statement.
Earlier the trial court completed the recording depositions of prosecution witnesses in the two graft cases filed by Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC).
On August 8, 2011, the ACC filed the charitable trust case with Tejgaon police station, accusing four persons, including Khaleda, of abusing power in raising funds and its management.
On July 3, 2008, the ACC filed the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case with Ramna police station, accusing Khaleda, her son Tarique Rahman and four others for embezzlement of over Tk 2.10 crore.
- Muhith favours 15% VAT again
- ‘Bangladesh is safe for foreigners’
- Shakib in career-best ICC test rankings
- ‘Awami League creates instability conditions in politics’
- Overloaded truck not to be allowed on highways: Minister
- IS using Church as headquarter in Iraq
- Court rejected bail, sent sunny to jail
- Big fight in release: 'Kaabil' vs 'Raees'
- Jute bags use mandatory for more 11 goods
- PM slams rights orgs for keeping mum
- Ants can navigate while walking backwards
- 'Dhingana’ from ‘Raees’ releases today
- HC rejects plea against holding office
- 2 cases of bird flu detected in Bangladesh
- 2 Bangladeshi IS suspects arrested in Kuala Lumpur
- Mastermind Rajib makes reportedly ‘confession’
- ‘AL leaders desperate to cling to power fearing public wraths’
- UP chairman Akhi suspended over Nasirnagar attack
- The symptoms may be caused by a parasite carried by cat
- ‘Shah Rukh Khan spoilt me’
- Burmese army asks for 'time' to solve Rohingya crisis
- 2 suspects remanded over Liton murder
- Cricketer Sunny sued again for 'demanding dowry
- Landslide kills 2 in Sylhet
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!