Khaleda appears in court for self-defence
Staff Correspondent: BNP Chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia is on way to Dhaka Judge Court this morning to place her self-defence statement in Zia Charitable Trust and Zia Orphanage Trust graft cases.
On December 29, Judge Md Abu Ahmed Jamadar of Dhaka Special Judge Court-3 asked Khaleda, her son Tarique Rahman and four others to appear before the court today to defend themselves in Zia orphanage graft case.
The court also warned them that it would cancel bail if they fail to appear before the court today.
Earlier on December 22, the same court fixed today asking Khaleda for her appearance to place self-defence statement in Zia Charitable trust graft case.
On December 1, the former prime minister pleaded not guilty and denied the charge of abuse of power in managing funds for the Zia Charitable Trust. She also gave her partial self-defence statement.
Earlier the trial court completed the recording depositions of prosecution witnesses in the two graft cases filed by Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC).
On August 8, 2011, the ACC filed the charitable trust case with Tejgaon police station, accusing four persons, including Khaleda, of abusing power in raising funds and its management.
On July 3, 2008, the ACC filed the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case with Ramna police station, accusing Khaleda, her son Tarique Rahman and four others for embezzlement of over Tk 2.10 crore.
- Teesta deal is a matter of time: Obaidul
- SWAT team begins operation in Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Mashrafe not fixating on rankings in ODIs
- The tortoise chases a ball around the room like a dog
- Kangana gifts herself a bungalow for 30th birthday
- Two more held over British parliament attack
- Mymensingh road crash kills 10
- Police call militants of ‘Atia Mahal’ for surrender
- General Diary filed over Bangladesh Bank fire
- Arifa’s ‘killer’ ex-husband arrested from Tangail
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Contraceptive pill can slash the risk of ovarian,womb
- Salman becomes Bollywood’s highest advance tax payer
- ICT to submit formal charges against Pak army
- 9 rescued while being trafficked to Malaysia
- 'Without Teesta, Prime Minister’s India visit hollow'
- Mufti Hannan opts to seek presidential mercy
- Keep watch on your children: Prime Minister
- Vodka drinkers at greater risk of injury
- Actress Nipun comes with new film ‘Dhushor Kuasha’
- Shakib-Al-Hasan regains top spot in 3 formats
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!