Khaleda appears in court for self-defence
Staff Correspondent: BNP Chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia is on way to Dhaka Judge Court this morning to place her self-defence statement in Zia Charitable Trust and Zia Orphanage Trust graft cases.
On December 29, Judge Md Abu Ahmed Jamadar of Dhaka Special Judge Court-3 asked Khaleda, her son Tarique Rahman and four others to appear before the court today to defend themselves in Zia orphanage graft case.
The court also warned them that it would cancel bail if they fail to appear before the court today.
Earlier on December 22, the same court fixed today asking Khaleda for her appearance to place self-defence statement in Zia Charitable trust graft case.
On December 1, the former prime minister pleaded not guilty and denied the charge of abuse of power in managing funds for the Zia Charitable Trust. She also gave her partial self-defence statement.
Earlier the trial court completed the recording depositions of prosecution witnesses in the two graft cases filed by Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC).
On August 8, 2011, the ACC filed the charitable trust case with Tejgaon police station, accusing four persons, including Khaleda, of abusing power in raising funds and its management.
On July 3, 2008, the ACC filed the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case with Ramna police station, accusing Khaleda, her son Tarique Rahman and four others for embezzlement of over Tk 2.10 crore.
- Messi already signed new contract with Barcelona
- Hartal on Tuesday protesting gas price hike
- 6 myths you probably don’t know about an aquarium
- ‘Anaarkali Of Aarah’ trailer releases, see it
- Hefazat protests against Greek statue in SC
- ‘Kim Jong Nam killed by VX nerve agent’
- 5 cops injured in Noakhali road crash
- Khadiza on way to home from CRP
- Shafik gets permission, leaves for London
- BNP demands rejecting gas price hike
- Bernicat meets Khaleda to understand political situation
- PM slams Khaleda for destroying dignity of Martyrs
- Tarana for expanding Ekushey spirit
- 3 Indian channels to continue in Bangladesh
- ‘Mass exile not goal of immigration memos’
- Young man kills 3 siblings in Narsingdi
- No more spam Calls with the Truecaller App
- Charge sheet to be submitted March 27
- ‘Kader mastermind of MP Liton’s murder’
- Driver gets life in Tareque, Mishuk killing case
- Sussanne Khan on bonding with Hrithik Roshan
- Liton murder: Ex-JP MP Kader Khan held in Bogra
- Growing attacks on troopers at border: BSF
- CJ apologises for not having Bangla in court
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!