Bollywood actor Om Puri is no more
Entertainment Desk: Bollywood famousactor Om Puri has passed away following a severe heart early Friday morning. The veteran artist was 66 years old.
The family member said Puri was "found dead" in his bed at his home in the western city of Mumbai early on Friday.
Om Puri acted in both mainstream and art films in Bollywood.
Puri, who was born in Haryana in 1950, appeared in numerous projects in Bollywood, as well as Pakistani, British, and American films. He acted in East is East, popular movie from 1999, Charlie Wilson's War (2007), and 2003 British TV series Second Generation.
The actor studied at Pune's Film and Television Institute of India. In National School of Drama, class of 1973, he was a colleague of Naseeruddin Shah.
For his services to the English movie industry, the Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) award was bestowed upon him in 2004.
In October last year, Puri got entangled in a controversy for his comment on the killing of 19 Indian soldiers in the September Uri attacks, as he stated that Pakistani artists are not terrorists.
Puri faced intense criticism for what he said, causing many Indians to label him "insensitive," and leading to an FIR being filed against him.
He also appeared in British films like Jewel in the Crown and City of Joy.
Puri was awarded an honorary OBE for his contribution to the British film industry in 2004.
- Messi already signed new contract with Barcelona
- Hartal on Tuesday protesting gas price hike
- 6 myths you probably don’t know about an aquarium
- ‘Anaarkali Of Aarah’ trailer releases, see it
- Hefazat protests against Greek statue in SC
- ‘Kim Jong Nam killed by VX nerve agent’
- 5 cops injured in Noakhali road crash
- Khadiza on way to home from CRP
- Shafik gets permission, leaves for London
- BNP demands rejecting gas price hike
- Bernicat meets Khaleda to understand political situation
- PM slams Khaleda for destroying dignity of Martyrs
- Tarana for expanding Ekushey spirit
- 3 Indian channels to continue in Bangladesh
- ‘Mass exile not goal of immigration memos’
- Young man kills 3 siblings in Narsingdi
- No more spam Calls with the Truecaller App
- Charge sheet to be submitted March 27
- ‘Kader mastermind of MP Liton’s murder’
- Driver gets life in Tareque, Mishuk killing case
- Sussanne Khan on bonding with Hrithik Roshan
- Liton murder: Ex-JP MP Kader Khan held in Bogra
- Growing attacks on troopers at border: BSF
- CJ apologises for not having Bangla in court
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!