Bangladesh lose T20 series
Sports Correspondent: A marauding 52-ball hundred from Colin Munro - his first T20 internationals - powered New Zealand to a series win with a game to spare. He struck seven sixes and seven fours to lead the hosts to 195, which proved 47 too many for Bangladesh.
The left-hander smashed seven sixes and as many fours in registering 101 from just 52 balls as the Black Caps plundered 195-7 off their 20 overs at Blake Park after visiting skipper Mashrafe Mortaza won the toss and sent his rivals in.
In reply, the tourists - yet to win on these shores - couldn't produce a concerted challenge as they were rolled for 148 at the start of the 18th over, handing NZ a 47-run win.
Sabbir’s 48 from 32 was the highest score by a Bangladeshi batter today, and his cameo contained three fours and three massive sixes. Soumya looked good in his 39 from 26, but fell to the short pitch trap set by Trent Boult.
For the hosts, Ish Sodhi took 3-36 in four overs while captain Kane Williamson and Ben Wheeler chipped in with two wickets each.
Sabbir Rahman was Bangladesh’s highest scorer with 48 runs from 32 balls.
All recognised batsmen of Bangladesh batting line-up have gone back to the hut in the crunch situation of Bangladesh’s chase of 196 runs in the second T20.
Rubel Hossain was the highest wicket-taker for his side, with 3-37 in four overs. Mustafizur Rahman was the most economical, and he gave away 30 runs in four overs.
Bangladesh: 148 (18.1/20 overs)
Sabbir 48, Soumya 39, Sodhi 3-36
New Zealand: 195 for 7 (20 overs)
Munro 101, Bruce 59*, Rubel 3-37
Result: New Zealand win by 47 runs
- Hartal on Tuesday protesting gas price hike
- 6 myths you probably don’t know about an aquarium
- ‘Anaarkali Of Aarah’ trailer releases, see it
- Hefazat protests against Greek statue in SC
- ‘Kim Jong Nam killed by VX nerve agent’
- 5 cops injured in Noakhali road crash
- Khadiza on way to home from CRP
- Shafik gets permission, leaves for London
- BNP demands rejecting gas price hike
- Bernicat meets Khaleda to understand political situation
- PM slams Khaleda for destroying dignity of Martyrs
- Tarana for expanding Ekushey spirit
- 3 Indian channels to continue in Bangladesh
- ‘Mass exile not goal of immigration memos’
- Young man kills 3 siblings in Narsingdi
- No more spam Calls with the Truecaller App
- Charge sheet to be submitted March 27
- ‘Kader mastermind of MP Liton’s murder’
- Driver gets life in Tareque, Mishuk killing case
- Sussanne Khan on bonding with Hrithik Roshan
- Liton murder: Ex-JP MP Kader Khan held in Bogra
- Growing attacks on troopers at border: BSF
- CJ apologises for not having Bangla in court
- 12 natural mouth-freshers that you don't know before
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!