Bangladesh lose T20 series
Sports Correspondent: A marauding 52-ball hundred from Colin Munro - his first T20 internationals - powered New Zealand to a series win with a game to spare. He struck seven sixes and seven fours to lead the hosts to 195, which proved 47 too many for Bangladesh.
The left-hander smashed seven sixes and as many fours in registering 101 from just 52 balls as the Black Caps plundered 195-7 off their 20 overs at Blake Park after visiting skipper Mashrafe Mortaza won the toss and sent his rivals in.
In reply, the tourists - yet to win on these shores - couldn't produce a concerted challenge as they were rolled for 148 at the start of the 18th over, handing NZ a 47-run win.
Sabbir’s 48 from 32 was the highest score by a Bangladeshi batter today, and his cameo contained three fours and three massive sixes. Soumya looked good in his 39 from 26, but fell to the short pitch trap set by Trent Boult.
For the hosts, Ish Sodhi took 3-36 in four overs while captain Kane Williamson and Ben Wheeler chipped in with two wickets each.
Sabbir Rahman was Bangladesh’s highest scorer with 48 runs from 32 balls.
All recognised batsmen of Bangladesh batting line-up have gone back to the hut in the crunch situation of Bangladesh’s chase of 196 runs in the second T20.
Rubel Hossain was the highest wicket-taker for his side, with 3-37 in four overs. Mustafizur Rahman was the most economical, and he gave away 30 runs in four overs.
Bangladesh: 148 (18.1/20 overs)
Sabbir 48, Soumya 39, Sodhi 3-36
New Zealand: 195 for 7 (20 overs)
Munro 101, Bruce 59*, Rubel 3-37
Result: New Zealand win by 47 runs
- PM on the way to return home
- A story of breast cancer sufferer
- Akshay Kumar takes a dip in the holy Ganga
- ‘RAB is not responsible for the Seven-Murder’
- Biswa Ijtema 2nd phase begins
- Kareena will join fashion week in Mumbai
- 2 arrested with huge fake passports in Mohammadpur
- 38 BNP leaders and activists arrested in Gaibandha
- 17 shops gutted in Borguna
- Tanu murder’s 10 months: rising anger and frustration
- Soumya and Shakib save Bangladesh, out for 289
- Judicial probe body blamed MP salim Osman
- Henceforth Neimer’s goal
- US air strikes killed 80 IS militants
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema begins today
- Home ministry divided into 2 divisions
- N’ganj teacher assault: probe report submitted
- Bad news for BCB
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema starts Friday
- 39 jailed in India for human trafficking
- Reckless truck took away 24 children’s lives in India
- 15 members of ‘human trafficking gang’ held
- Robber killed in Kushtia ‘gunfight’
- 2 killed in Kushtia truck collision
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!