Some ‘looted’ firearms recovered in Bandarban
Bandarban Correpondent: Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) today arrested a man and recovered arms and ammunitions including some of those which were looted in an attack at Ansar camp at Teknaf of Cox’s Bazar on the 13thMay in 2016.
Identity of the arrestee couldn not be known immediately.
Five firearms, five locally made pistols, 189 rounds of bullets and 26 cartridges were rescued from two places at a dense forest of Naikhyangchari upazila in Bandarban, our Cox’s Bazar correspondent reports quoting Rab.
Among the recovered items, the five firearms and 189 rounds of bullets are among the 11 arms and 670 rounds of bullets which were looted from the Teknaf Ansar camp, Director General Benazir Ahmed of Rab told journalists at a press briefing in Tomburu Puran Pahar area of the forest around 1:30pm.
Based on information obtained from two suspected robbers who were detained earlier, the law enforcers conducted a drive there, the Rab DG said.
The drive will continue for two more days, he added.
Director General of Bangladesh Ansar and Village Defence Party (VDP)major General Mizanur Rahman also talked in the press briefing after he and the Rab DG visited the spot.
The recovery was made in a drive following yesterday's arrest of two members of the “robber gang” who were accused in a case filed over the attack on the Ansar camp.
- ‘BNP patronized the fundamentalists forces’
- Sunny Leone’s beach holiday includes sun, sand and bikinis
- Two militants killed in Sylhet Militant den
- Al Qaeda leader Qari killed in US air strike
- Mehedi's ODI inclusion was my decision: Papon
- 13 killed and 9 injured in Chuadanga road crash
- Militancy will be dispelled, says PM
- Wounded Rab director Azad to be taken to Singapore
- Section 144 imposed near militant den Atia Mahal
- Grow up, being a little sad is not a sign of mental illness
- Katrina returns from the shoot of ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ in Austria
- Tigers leave a massive target for Sri Lanka
- Crocodile attack kills a man in Barguna
- Fakhrul questions death of bomb-carrier
- CCC polls is a challenge for democratic journey
- Saudi embassy confirms UK attacker from Saudi
- Nation observes 'Genocide Day' for the very first time
- Couple’s throat-slit bodies found in Bandarban
- 69 rescued from ‘Sylhet militant den'
- Teesta deal is a matter of time: Obaidul
- SWAT team begins operation in Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Mashrafe not fixating on rankings in ODIs
- The tortoise chases a ball around the room like a dog
- Kangana gifts herself a bungalow for 30th birthday
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!