Some ‘looted’ firearms recovered in Bandarban
Bandarban Correpondent: Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) today arrested a man and recovered arms and ammunitions including some of those which were looted in an attack at Ansar camp at Teknaf of Cox’s Bazar on the 13thMay in 2016.
Identity of the arrestee couldn not be known immediately.
Five firearms, five locally made pistols, 189 rounds of bullets and 26 cartridges were rescued from two places at a dense forest of Naikhyangchari upazila in Bandarban, our Cox’s Bazar correspondent reports quoting Rab.
Among the recovered items, the five firearms and 189 rounds of bullets are among the 11 arms and 670 rounds of bullets which were looted from the Teknaf Ansar camp, Director General Benazir Ahmed of Rab told journalists at a press briefing in Tomburu Puran Pahar area of the forest around 1:30pm.
Based on information obtained from two suspected robbers who were detained earlier, the law enforcers conducted a drive there, the Rab DG said.
The drive will continue for two more days, he added.
Director General of Bangladesh Ansar and Village Defence Party (VDP)major General Mizanur Rahman also talked in the press briefing after he and the Rab DG visited the spot.
The recovery was made in a drive following yesterday's arrest of two members of the “robber gang” who were accused in a case filed over the attack on the Ansar camp.
- Messi already signed new contract with Barcelona
- Hartal on Tuesday protesting gas price hike
- 6 myths you probably don’t know about an aquarium
- ‘Anaarkali Of Aarah’ trailer releases, see it
- Hefazat protests against Greek statue in SC
- ‘Kim Jong Nam killed by VX nerve agent’
- 5 cops injured in Noakhali road crash
- Khadiza on way to home from CRP
- Shafik gets permission, leaves for London
- BNP demands rejecting gas price hike
- Bernicat meets Khaleda to understand political situation
- PM slams Khaleda for destroying dignity of Martyrs
- Tarana for expanding Ekushey spirit
- 3 Indian channels to continue in Bangladesh
- ‘Mass exile not goal of immigration memos’
- Young man kills 3 siblings in Narsingdi
- No more spam Calls with the Truecaller App
- Charge sheet to be submitted March 27
- ‘Kader mastermind of MP Liton’s murder’
- Driver gets life in Tareque, Mishuk killing case
- Sussanne Khan on bonding with Hrithik Roshan
- Liton murder: Ex-JP MP Kader Khan held in Bogra
- Growing attacks on troopers at border: BSF
- CJ apologises for not having Bangla in court
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!