Some ‘looted’ firearms recovered in Bandarban
Bandarban Correpondent: Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) today arrested a man and recovered arms and ammunitions including some of those which were looted in an attack at Ansar camp at Teknaf of Cox’s Bazar on the 13thMay in 2016.
Identity of the arrestee couldn not be known immediately.
Five firearms, five locally made pistols, 189 rounds of bullets and 26 cartridges were rescued from two places at a dense forest of Naikhyangchari upazila in Bandarban, our Cox’s Bazar correspondent reports quoting Rab.
Among the recovered items, the five firearms and 189 rounds of bullets are among the 11 arms and 670 rounds of bullets which were looted from the Teknaf Ansar camp, Director General Benazir Ahmed of Rab told journalists at a press briefing in Tomburu Puran Pahar area of the forest around 1:30pm.
Based on information obtained from two suspected robbers who were detained earlier, the law enforcers conducted a drive there, the Rab DG said.
The drive will continue for two more days, he added.
Director General of Bangladesh Ansar and Village Defence Party (VDP)major General Mizanur Rahman also talked in the press briefing after he and the Rab DG visited the spot.
The recovery was made in a drive following yesterday's arrest of two members of the “robber gang” who were accused in a case filed over the attack on the Ansar camp.
- Muhith favours 15% VAT again
- ‘Bangladesh is safe for foreigners’
- Shakib in career-best ICC test rankings
- ‘Awami League creates instability conditions in politics’
- Overloaded truck not to be allowed on highways: Minister
- IS using Church as headquarter in Iraq
- Court rejected bail, sent sunny to jail
- Big fight in release: 'Kaabil' vs 'Raees'
- Jute bags use mandatory for more 11 goods
- PM slams rights orgs for keeping mum
- Ants can navigate while walking backwards
- 'Dhingana’ from ‘Raees’ releases today
- HC rejects plea against holding office
- 2 cases of bird flu detected in Bangladesh
- 2 Bangladeshi IS suspects arrested in Kuala Lumpur
- Mastermind Rajib makes reportedly ‘confession’
- ‘AL leaders desperate to cling to power fearing public wraths’
- UP chairman Akhi suspended over Nasirnagar attack
- The symptoms may be caused by a parasite carried by cat
- ‘Shah Rukh Khan spoilt me’
- Burmese army asks for 'time' to solve Rohingya crisis
- 2 suspects remanded over Liton murder
- Cricketer Sunny sued again for 'demanding dowry
- Landslide kills 2 in Sylhet
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!