‘Development of Bangladesh halted after assassination of Bangabandhu’
Staff Correspondent: Awami League president and Prime Minister Sheikh Hanisa on Tuesday said the overall development of Bangladesh halted after the assassination of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the 15thAugust in 1975.
The premier also described BNP as a militant and terrorist political party and said words of democracy on the lips of its leaders are unsuitable.
“The word of democracy on the lips of BNP chief is indecorous. It is a terrorist and militant party,” Hasina said citing references of BNP’s atrocities before 2014 election.
Holding BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia responsible for killing people in arson attacks during 2014, Hasina said the people of Bangladesh will ensure trial of BNP leaders in people’s court.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, addressing a rally marking Bangabandhu’s homecoming day at Suhrawardy Udyan, said a deep-rooted conspiracy was hatched after killing Sheikh Mujib.
- 5 cops injured in Noakhali road crash
- Khadiza on way to home from CRP
- Shafik gets permission, leaves for London
- BNP demands rejecting gas price hike
- Bernicat meets Khaleda to understand political situation
- PM slams Khaleda for destroying dignity of Martyrs
- Tarana for expanding Ekushey spirit
- 3 Indian channels to continue in Bangladesh
- ‘Mass exile not goal of immigration memos’
- Young man kills 3 siblings in Narsingdi
- No more spam Calls with the Truecaller App
- Charge sheet to be submitted March 27
- ‘Kader mastermind of MP Liton’s murder’
- Driver gets life in Tareque, Mishuk killing case
- Sussanne Khan on bonding with Hrithik Roshan
- Liton murder: Ex-JP MP Kader Khan held in Bogra
- Growing attacks on troopers at border: BSF
- CJ apologises for not having Bangla in court
- 12 natural mouth-freshers that you don't know before
- 6 killed, 14 injured in Pakistan court Bomblast
- Fizz, Rubel come back for Sri Lanka Tests in March
- Tigers pay homage to ‘Amar Ekushey’
- Nation paying tributes to language martyrs
- Quader demands to make Bangla as UN language
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!