NCTB staff suspended over textbook mistakes
Staff Correspondent: Following the embarrassing errors in this year’s school textbooks, National Curriculum and Textbook Board (NCTB) today suspended its artist-cum-designer.
Sujaul Abedin was suspended after a primary investigation report of NCTB-formed probe body, said a handout issued by the board this evening.
Earlier on Monday, the board sent two officials to ‘officer on special duty’ – a position that is without desk and portfolio – on the same ground.
The OSD officials are: Pritish Kumar Sarkar, chief editor of NCTB, and Lana Humayra Khan, senior expert of the board, said an official handout issued by the education ministry yesterday.
In addition to this, the secondary and higher secondary divisions of the education ministry formed a three-member probe body to find out the people responsible for the mistakes.
- ‘7-murder verdict ensures justice’
- Trump vows ‘insurance for everybody’
- Deepika and Vin Diesel celebrate the success of ‘xXx’
- Red chilli may help you live longer
- ‘Seven-murder verdict proves rule of law’
- 4 women imprisoned without trial, attend in the HC
- PM reaches Davos to attend WEF
- 4 died in Bagerhat bus crash
- No serious injury, says Mushfiq
- Violence inside 2 prisons in Brazil leaves 26 dead
- 20 died in Turkish Airlines cargo jet crashed:
- New Zealand beat Bangladesh by 7 wickets
- College student stabbed by young man
- 7 murder case: Including Nur Hossain 26 awarded death penalty
- Hajj pre-registration begins today
- Father of Chinese Romanization dies at 111
- Akheri Munajat of Biswa Ijtema held today
- BD’s human rights scenario more terrible than HRW report
- Depression may be as risky as obesity and cholesterol
- Kareena to come back in work in February
- SC extends till Feb 5 to publish gazette
- 'Bangladesh witnessed a spate of violent attacks'
- Cloning UNO’s mobile number, miscreants demand money from all UP chairmen
- BCB announces preliminary squad for India and Sri Lanka tour
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!