NCTB staff suspended over textbook mistakes
Staff Correspondent: Following the embarrassing errors in this year’s school textbooks, National Curriculum and Textbook Board (NCTB) today suspended its artist-cum-designer.
Sujaul Abedin was suspended after a primary investigation report of NCTB-formed probe body, said a handout issued by the board this evening.
Earlier on Monday, the board sent two officials to ‘officer on special duty’ – a position that is without desk and portfolio – on the same ground.
The OSD officials are: Pritish Kumar Sarkar, chief editor of NCTB, and Lana Humayra Khan, senior expert of the board, said an official handout issued by the education ministry yesterday.
In addition to this, the secondary and higher secondary divisions of the education ministry formed a three-member probe body to find out the people responsible for the mistakes.
- HC adjourns hearing on Khaleda’s plea till Mar 1
- 'Transport strike in Khulna division illogical'
- Live in green neighbourhood to cut depression, anxiety
- Shaon files a case against vlogger Bunty
- Malaysia airport declared ‘safe of any toxin’
- Mushfiq thinks Tigers have opportunity in SL
- ‘Prisoners to get cell phone facilities’
- Khadiza’s testimony recorded in Sylhet court
- PM inaugurates Bangladesh's first solar food silo
- 4 engineers and contractors get 10 years jail
- BNP prolongs support to hartal on gas tarrif hike
- Mathews to miss two Tests against Bangladesh
- Know how to look gorgeous beyond 30s
- 8 burnt in Old Dhaka fire, fire service working
- Ayesha opens up about her shocking makeover
- China Nanchang hotel fire kills 3, injures 14
- Menon slams Hefazat over HC statue removal
- Bangladeshi citizens to get MRPs in 7 days
- BNP circulate to bring back reformists
- ‘Diversify products, expand export market’
- Messi already signed new contract with Barcelona
- Hartal on Tuesday protesting gas price hike
- 6 myths you probably don’t know about an aquarium
- ‘Anaarkali Of Aarah’ trailer releases, see it
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!