PM asks new Chairmans to be Honest
Staff Correspondent:Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday asked the newly elected Zila Parishad chairmen to discharge their duties with honesty, sincerity, and devotion.
"I want you to perform your respective responsibilities with honesty, sincerity, and devotion. ...your main aim will be to serve people," she said.
The Prime Minister said this while addressing the Zila Parishad chairmen after they were sworn in at the Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
She said her government has been working to ensure services for mass people through decentralization. " Zila Parishad will have enough power to ensure services for people and overall development of the respective districts," she said.
Earlier, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina administered the oath of 59 chairmen of the Zila Parishads.
Cabinet members, PM's advisers and leaders of different political parties and senior officials were present.
First ever elected chairmen of 59 district councils have taken oath on Wednesday. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina administered the oath at a function at Prime Minister's Office (PMO) in Dhaka this morning, reports state-run BSS news agency.
The elections of 59 district councils were held on December 28 after 16 years of passing the relevant law in 2000. It was the first direct election in the 131-year history of the district council.
- Muhith favours 15% VAT again
- ‘Bangladesh is safe for foreigners’
- Shakib in career-best ICC test rankings
- ‘Awami League creates instability conditions in politics’
- Overloaded truck not to be allowed on highways: Minister
- IS using Church as headquarter in Iraq
- Court rejected bail, sent sunny to jail
- Big fight in release: 'Kaabil' vs 'Raees'
- Jute bags use mandatory for more 11 goods
- PM slams rights orgs for keeping mum
- Ants can navigate while walking backwards
- 'Dhingana’ from ‘Raees’ releases today
- HC rejects plea against holding office
- 2 cases of bird flu detected in Bangladesh
- 2 Bangladeshi IS suspects arrested in Kuala Lumpur
- Mastermind Rajib makes reportedly ‘confession’
- ‘AL leaders desperate to cling to power fearing public wraths’
- UP chairman Akhi suspended over Nasirnagar attack
- The symptoms may be caused by a parasite carried by cat
- ‘Shah Rukh Khan spoilt me’
- Burmese army asks for 'time' to solve Rohingya crisis
- 2 suspects remanded over Liton murder
- Cricketer Sunny sued again for 'demanding dowry
- Landslide kills 2 in Sylhet
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!