PM asks new Chairmans to be Honest
Staff Correspondent:Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday asked the newly elected Zila Parishad chairmen to discharge their duties with honesty, sincerity, and devotion.
"I want you to perform your respective responsibilities with honesty, sincerity, and devotion. ...your main aim will be to serve people," she said.
The Prime Minister said this while addressing the Zila Parishad chairmen after they were sworn in at the Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
She said her government has been working to ensure services for mass people through decentralization. " Zila Parishad will have enough power to ensure services for people and overall development of the respective districts," she said.
Earlier, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina administered the oath of 59 chairmen of the Zila Parishads.
Cabinet members, PM's advisers and leaders of different political parties and senior officials were present.
First ever elected chairmen of 59 district councils have taken oath on Wednesday. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina administered the oath at a function at Prime Minister's Office (PMO) in Dhaka this morning, reports state-run BSS news agency.
The elections of 59 district councils were held on December 28 after 16 years of passing the relevant law in 2000. It was the first direct election in the 131-year history of the district council.
- Messi already signed new contract with Barcelona
- Hartal on Tuesday protesting gas price hike
- 6 myths you probably don’t know about an aquarium
- ‘Anaarkali Of Aarah’ trailer releases, see it
- Hefazat protests against Greek statue in SC
- ‘Kim Jong Nam killed by VX nerve agent’
- 5 cops injured in Noakhali road crash
- Khadiza on way to home from CRP
- Shafik gets permission, leaves for London
- BNP demands rejecting gas price hike
- Bernicat meets Khaleda to understand political situation
- PM slams Khaleda for destroying dignity of Martyrs
- Tarana for expanding Ekushey spirit
- 3 Indian channels to continue in Bangladesh
- ‘Mass exile not goal of immigration memos’
- Young man kills 3 siblings in Narsingdi
- No more spam Calls with the Truecaller App
- Charge sheet to be submitted March 27
- ‘Kader mastermind of MP Liton’s murder’
- Driver gets life in Tareque, Mishuk killing case
- Sussanne Khan on bonding with Hrithik Roshan
- Liton murder: Ex-JP MP Kader Khan held in Bogra
- Growing attacks on troopers at border: BSF
- CJ apologises for not having Bangla in court
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!