PM asks new Chairmans to be Honest
Staff Correspondent:Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday asked the newly elected Zila Parishad chairmen to discharge their duties with honesty, sincerity, and devotion.
"I want you to perform your respective responsibilities with honesty, sincerity, and devotion. ...your main aim will be to serve people," she said.
The Prime Minister said this while addressing the Zila Parishad chairmen after they were sworn in at the Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
She said her government has been working to ensure services for mass people through decentralization. " Zila Parishad will have enough power to ensure services for people and overall development of the respective districts," she said.
Earlier, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina administered the oath of 59 chairmen of the Zila Parishads.
Cabinet members, PM's advisers and leaders of different political parties and senior officials were present.
First ever elected chairmen of 59 district councils have taken oath on Wednesday. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina administered the oath at a function at Prime Minister's Office (PMO) in Dhaka this morning, reports state-run BSS news agency.
The elections of 59 district councils were held on December 28 after 16 years of passing the relevant law in 2000. It was the first direct election in the 131-year history of the district council.
- Grow up, being a little sad is not a sign of mental illness
- Katrina returns from the shoot of ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ in Austria
- Tigers leave a massive target for Sri Lanka
- Crocodile attack kills a man in Barguna
- Fakhrul questions death of bomb-carrier
- CCC polls is a challenge for democratic journey
- Saudi embassy confirms UK attacker from Saudi
- Nation observes 'Genocide Day' for the very first time
- Couple’s throat-slit bodies found in Bandarban
- 69 rescued from ‘Sylhet militant den'
- Teesta deal is a matter of time: Obaidul
- SWAT team begins operation in Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Mashrafe not fixating on rankings in ODIs
- The tortoise chases a ball around the room like a dog
- Kangana gifts herself a bungalow for 30th birthday
- Two more held over British parliament attack
- Mymensingh road crash kills 10
- Police call militants of ‘Atia Mahal’ for surrender
- General Diary filed over Bangladesh Bank fire
- Arifa’s ‘killer’ ex-husband arrested from Tangail
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!