Hawkers won’t be allowed to sit on workdays, says Khokon
Dhaka:Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC) Mayor Sayeed Khokon today said that hawkers will not be allowed to sit with their goods in Gulistan and adjacent areas on workdays.
“The decision was taken to facilitate unhindered movement of the city dwellers,” the mayor announced ending a meeting with hawker leaders at Nagar Bhaban in Dhaka around 12:10pm.
The decision will be under effect from next Sunday as a city corporation magistrate with assistance from Dhaka Metropolitan Police will take action against those who will sit on the street, he added.
However, the hawkers will be allowed to do business from 6:30pm onwards on working days, the meeting decided.
“A list of the hawkers was prepared and they will get identity cards. They will also get assistance if they want to change their profession. The government will arrange suitable jobs for them,” Khokon said.
- PM on the way to return home
- A story of breast cancer sufferer
- Akshay Kumar takes a dip in the holy Ganga
- ‘RAB is not responsible for the Seven-Murder’
- Biswa Ijtema 2nd phase begins
- Kareena will join fashion week in Mumbai
- 2 arrested with huge fake passports in Mohammadpur
- 38 BNP leaders and activists arrested in Gaibandha
- 17 shops gutted in Borguna
- Tanu murder’s 10 months: rising anger and frustration
- Soumya and Shakib save Bangladesh, out for 289
- Judicial probe body blamed MP salim Osman
- Henceforth Neimer’s goal
- US air strikes killed 80 IS militants
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema begins today
- Home ministry divided into 2 divisions
- N’ganj teacher assault: probe report submitted
- Bad news for BCB
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema starts Friday
- 39 jailed in India for human trafficking
- Reckless truck took away 24 children’s lives in India
- 15 members of ‘human trafficking gang’ held
- Robber killed in Kushtia ‘gunfight’
- 2 killed in Kushtia truck collision
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!