PM sits with President on EC formation talks
Staff Correspondent: A 19-member delegation of ruling Awami League on Wednesday sat with the President Abdul Hamid to place their proposal and suggestions over the formation of new Election Commission (EC).
The meeting started at 4:05 pm at the Darbar Hall of Bangabhaban.
Prime Minister and Awami League President Sheikh Hasina is leading the delegation at the meeting, reports UNB.
The other delegation members are general secretary Obaidul Quader, Advisory council members Amir Hossain Amu, Tofail Ahmed, Suranjit Sengupta, AMA Muhith, HT Imam, joint general secretaries Dr Dipu Moni and Jahangir Kabir Nanak, Legal Affairs secretary Abdul Matin Khasru, Publicity and Publication secretary Dr Hasan Mahmud, office secretary Dr Abdus Sobhan Golap and Law Minister Anisul Huq, Yusuf Hossain Humayun, Mohammad Zamir; presidium members Mohammad Nasim, Matia Chowdhury, Sahara Khatun and Syed Ashraful Islam; joint general secretaries Dr Dipu Moni and Jahangir Kabir Nanak, Legal Affairs secretary Abdul Matin Khasru, Publicity and Publication secretary Dr Hasan Mahmud, office secretary Dr Abdus Sobhan Golap and Law Minister Anisul Huq.
President Abdul Hamid initiated the formal talks with political parties over the formation of the new EC through BNP on December 18 last year and so far held meetings with 22 political parties.
Abdul Hamid took the conversation initiative as the tenure of the current Kazi Rakibuddin Ahmad-led EC expires in February.
- PM on the way to return home
- A story of breast cancer sufferer
- Akshay Kumar takes a dip in the holy Ganga
- ‘RAB is not responsible for the Seven-Murder’
- Biswa Ijtema 2nd phase begins
- Kareena will join fashion week in Mumbai
- 2 arrested with huge fake passports in Mohammadpur
- 38 BNP leaders and activists arrested in Gaibandha
- 17 shops gutted in Borguna
- Tanu murder’s 10 months: rising anger and frustration
- Soumya and Shakib save Bangladesh, out for 289
- Judicial probe body blamed MP salim Osman
- Henceforth Neimer’s goal
- US air strikes killed 80 IS militants
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema begins today
- Home ministry divided into 2 divisions
- N’ganj teacher assault: probe report submitted
- Bad news for BCB
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema starts Friday
- 39 jailed in India for human trafficking
- Reckless truck took away 24 children’s lives in India
- 15 members of ‘human trafficking gang’ held
- Robber killed in Kushtia ‘gunfight’
- 2 killed in Kushtia truck collision
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!