Some common hair myths disclosed
Health Desk: Pluck one grey hair, expect two more to grow back in its place. Pregnant women should not colour their hair. These are some of the common myths people believe in.
Suruchi Puri, Consultant Dermatologist and Director at Medi Makeover, has shared a list of myths attached with hair:
* If you pluck one grey hair, two will grow back in its place: One grey strand usually means more grey hair. This myth probably started because people plucked one grey hair, then noticed more afterwards. You can't blame the plucking itself. Instead, it's time to enjoy the natural colour on your head.
* You can't dye your hair when you are pregnant: The main concern with dyeing your hair during pregnancy is the risk associated with inhaling ammonia. You can do some research for ammonia-free products and go for it. There are homemade solutions too. Henna has no added chemicals, and is safe to use.
* Using the right and luxury products will make your hair thicker: Most people think healthy looking hair is all about specific weather, costly products and styling. Your body needs a lot of energy, healthy diet, nutrients, carbohydrates and protein to grow hair. Products are required to do good cleansing and provide external moisture.
* Washing your hair with beer will make it softer: People believe that the malt and yeast in the beer are supposed to react well with the hair proteins, keeping it strong, shiny and bouncy. Unfortunately, the cons outweigh the pros. Alcohol dries out your hair more than the proteins repairing it. Your regular shampoo can work better and safer.
* Shampoo first, conditioner second: Conditioning before you shampoo your hair is great for adding nourishment to fine hair without weighing it down. Also in this reverse process, conditioner acts like a shield between your hair and shampoo and it helps so that your hair gets clean without being stripped off of all of its natural oils.
* Cutting your hair frequently makes it grow faster: A healthy scalp is all what you need for growing your hair well. Trimming in every eight to nine weeks can help to get rid of split ends.
- ‘Operation Twilight’ at Sylhet militant den concludes
- Idols destroyed at Belkuchi temples
- ‘EC behaves cruelly with AL candidate’
- Taskin's hat-trick restricts Sri Lanka at 311
- Shahrukh and Akshay to clash at the box-office
- Cyclone, heavy rain thrash Aus’ northeast
- Court asks Khaleda to appear on April 10
- Militant den Atia Mahal’s owner Ustar Ali
- 4 explosions heard at Sylhet Militant den
- 6 months’ jail for driving car without licence
- ‘Hasina supports India for making country desert’
- 13 year hell for Chinese man after traditional practice
- ‘Everyone is calling me a badass and I like it’
- India to seal border with Bangladesh and Pakistan
- HC to deliver verdict April 2 for Rajib killing
- Tigers starts campaign with a comfortable win
- Bandarban fire burns 30 shops, four houses
- Gunshots and blasts near militant den goes on
- ‘BNP patronized the fundamentalists forces’
- Sunny Leone’s beach holiday includes sun, sand and bikinis
- Two militants killed in Sylhet Militant den
- Al Qaeda leader Qari killed in US air strike
- Mehedi's ODI inclusion was my decision: Papon
- 13 killed and 9 injured in Chuadanga road crash
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!