HC asks Viqarunnisa not to collect extra fees
Staff Reporter:The High Court on Monday asked the concerned authorities of Viqarunnisa Noon School and College in Dhaka not to collect extra tuition fees from its students for the next one year.
In response to a writ petition, the court also questioned the legality of the rule that empowers the education board to form ad hoc committees for leading the private education institute.
The board forms the ad hoc committee under Section 39 of the Private School and College Governing Body and Managing Committee Regulations, 2009, petitioner Advocate Eunus Ali Akond told bd24live.
The HC ordered a ruling asking the authorities concerned to interpret in four weeks as to why the section 39 of the Private School and College Governing Body and Managing Committee Regulations, 2009 should not be announced illegal and unconstitutional.
Education secretary, chairman of Dhaka education board, deputy commissioner of Dhaka, chairmen of ad-hoc committees of Viqarunnisa Noon School and College, Ideal School and Willes Little Flower School and their principals have been made respondents to the rule, Eunus Ali Akond said.
The HC bench of Justice Zinat Ara and Justice Kazi Md Ejarul Haque Akondo came up with the order and rule following a writ petition filed by Supreme Court lawyer Akond challenging the legality of section 39 of the Private School and College Governing Body and Managing Committee Regulations, 2009.
In the petition, he also challenged the action of the ad hoc committee of Viqarunnisa Noon School and College charging extra tuition fees from its students.
Citing from the petition, Eunus said section 39 of the Private School and College Governing Body and Managing Committee Regulations, 2009 is contradictory with the constitution, as there is no provision in the charter for formation of an ad hoc committee for the private school and college.
The constitution only allows formation for governing body or managing committee for such a private institution, he said.
- 6 months’ jail for driving car without licence
- ‘Hasina supports India for making country desert’
- 13 year hell for Chinese man after traditional practice
- ‘Everyone is calling me a badass and I like it’
- India to seal border with Bangladesh and Pakistan
- HC to deliver verdict April 2 for Rajib killing
- Tigers starts campaign with a comfortable win
- Bandarban fire burns 30 shops, four houses
- Gunshots and blasts near militant den goes on
- ‘BNP patronized the fundamentalists forces’
- Sunny Leone’s beach holiday includes sun, sand and bikinis
- Two militants killed in Sylhet Militant den
- Al Qaeda leader Qari killed in US air strike
- Mehedi's ODI inclusion was my decision: Papon
- 13 killed and 9 injured in Chuadanga road crash
- Militancy will be dispelled, says PM
- Wounded Rab director Azad to be taken to Singapore
- Section 144 imposed near militant den Atia Mahal
- Grow up, being a little sad is not a sign of mental illness
- Katrina returns from the shoot of ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ in Austria
- Tigers leave a massive target for Sri Lanka
- Crocodile attack kills a man in Barguna
- Fakhrul questions death of bomb-carrier
- CCC polls is a challenge for democratic journey
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!