Woman claims suicide bomber her son
Staff Reporter:A woman on Friday claimed the suspected suicide bomber, who blew himself up yesterday at the barrack of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in Dhaka, as her son.
One Amiran went to the Rab barrack on Saturday morning and told reporters that her son Rafique remained traceless for the last five days. Hailing from Pirojpur, her son used to work in a tea stall in Dhaka.
Later, some Rab officials took her inside the barrack and started interrogating the woman.
Mufti Mahmud Khan, director of the force's legal and media wing, said she (Amiran) went there after “seeing photo of the dead militant”.
In the meantime, the Rab official said that the identity of the suspected bomber was yet to be known. “We’re verifying the claim.”
Yesterday, the “suicide bomber” sneaked into the Rab barrack and blew himself up, in what appears to be the country's first such attack by a terror suspect inside a law enforcement agency's compound.
- ‘Operation Twilight’ at Sylhet militant den concludes
- Idols destroyed at Belkuchi temples
- ‘EC behaves cruelly with AL candidate’
- Taskin's hat-trick restricts Sri Lanka at 311
- Shahrukh and Akshay to clash at the box-office
- Cyclone, heavy rain thrash Aus’ northeast
- Court asks Khaleda to appear on April 10
- Militant den Atia Mahal’s owner Ustar Ali
- 4 explosions heard at Sylhet Militant den
- 6 months’ jail for driving car without licence
- ‘Hasina supports India for making country desert’
- 13 year hell for Chinese man after traditional practice
- ‘Everyone is calling me a badass and I like it’
- India to seal border with Bangladesh and Pakistan
- HC to deliver verdict April 2 for Rajib killing
- Tigers starts campaign with a comfortable win
- Bandarban fire burns 30 shops, four houses
- Gunshots and blasts near militant den goes on
- ‘BNP patronized the fundamentalists forces’
- Sunny Leone’s beach holiday includes sun, sand and bikinis
- Two militants killed in Sylhet Militant den
- Al Qaeda leader Qari killed in US air strike
- Mehedi's ODI inclusion was my decision: Papon
- 13 killed and 9 injured in Chuadanga road crash
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!