HC orders Varma to screen ‘Sarkar 3’ for scriptwriter
Entertainment Desk:Ram Gopal Varma's 'Sarkar 3' starring Amitabh Bachchan has landed in trouble. The Bombay High Court has ordered Ram Gopal Varma to organize a private screening of 'Sarkar 3' for Nilesh Girkar, the scriptwriter of the movie, before March 20.
Girkar approached the High Court on January 30 claiming that even though he had written the script for 'Sarkar 3', RGV had not given him the due credits. He also alleged that he hadn't been paid the entire amount that he was promised at the time of writing of the script. The film has been embroiled in a copyright infringement suit since then.
We are offering a part time home based job for everyone without any investment. Anyone can do this job very easily. No high qualification is required. Required only good internet knowledge and smart photo.
In the hearing held on March 11, Justice Gautam Patel had asked Varma to deposit Rs 6.2 lakh in court as a payment settlement amount. Now, in the latest move, on March 17, Justice Patel asked Varma's lawyers to hold a screening of the film for Girkar and his lawyers before Monday, as this will help Girkar determine if his script has indeed been used in the film. The court has advised Girkar and his counsels not to carry any recording devices with them during the screening. The court also directed Varma to deposit a copy of the original script of his film to the court and give a copy to Girkar.
The scriptwriter has worked with Ram Gopal Varma in the past and has penned scripts for some of his films such as 'Department'.
- 6 months’ jail for driving car without licence
- ‘Hasina supports India for making country desert’
- 13 year hell for Chinese man after traditional practice
- ‘Everyone is calling me a badass and I like it’
- India to seal border with Bangladesh and Pakistan
- HC to deliver verdict April 2 for Rajib killing
- Tigers starts campaign with a comfortable win
- Bandarban fire burns 30 shops, four houses
- Gunshots and blasts near militant den goes on
- ‘BNP patronized the fundamentalists forces’
- Sunny Leone’s beach holiday includes sun, sand and bikinis
- Two militants killed in Sylhet Militant den
- Al Qaeda leader Qari killed in US air strike
- Mehedi's ODI inclusion was my decision: Papon
- 13 killed and 9 injured in Chuadanga road crash
- Militancy will be dispelled, says PM
- Wounded Rab director Azad to be taken to Singapore
- Section 144 imposed near militant den Atia Mahal
- Grow up, being a little sad is not a sign of mental illness
- Katrina returns from the shoot of ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ in Austria
- Tigers leave a massive target for Sri Lanka
- Crocodile attack kills a man in Barguna
- Fakhrul questions death of bomb-carrier
- CCC polls is a challenge for democratic journey
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!