Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
Counsels for death row convict Muhammad Kamaruzzaman met the Jamaat-e-Islami leader at Dhaka Central Jail this morning.
Four defence lawyers entered the jail and visited the Jamaat-e-Islami leader. They spent 45 minutes with Kamaruzzaman from 10:15am.
The meeting was held a day after the government asked the prison authorities to make preparations for his execution. The apex court on Monday upheld his death penalty for war crimes.
Prior to the meet the Jamaat leader, Shishir said, “I clearly say that what the law minister and the attorney said regarding the review petition is totally unlawful and baseless. There is no legal obligation.”
“They even could not produce any provision of law in this regard,” Shishir said adding that It is the constitutional right of Kamaruzzaman to file the petition.
Law Minister Anisul Huq and Attorney General Mahbubey Alam said there is no scope for Kamaruzzaman to file the review petition against the apex court verdict.
Shishir hoped that Kamaruzzaman will get the access of filing the review petition.
- AL’s council: Khaleda,Fakrul invited
- RU student’s body found in campus drain
- Trump objects to say whether he will accept election result
- Dhaka-Mymensingh rail communication interrupted
- Losing toss,Tigers to bowl first
- Obama urges Trump to stop whining
- School girl pregnant!
- ‘Bangladesh becomes role model in ICT’
- Digital World-2016 starts at Bashundhara
- British Bangladeshis launched a Fashion Week in London
- Police stands against Rampal protesters
- Indian visa without e-token for BD students
- Sheikh Russel’s birth anniversary today
- Wondrous uses of baking soda
- 7 JMB associates arrested
- Wild elephant attack kills an old man
- Several Jamaat leaders arrested in Jhenaidah
- Suspected killer of Nazimuddin arrested in city
- 3 held with weapons in Sherpur
- PM returns today
- Bangladesh, India to work together
- Modi welcomes Hasina in Bengali words
- 4 dead bodies found in Savar
- A teenager killed in Sharsha road accident
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- High hope on solar
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia