Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
Counsels for death row convict Muhammad Kamaruzzaman met the Jamaat-e-Islami leader at Dhaka Central Jail this morning.
Four defence lawyers entered the jail and visited the Jamaat-e-Islami leader. They spent 45 minutes with Kamaruzzaman from 10:15am.
The meeting was held a day after the government asked the prison authorities to make preparations for his execution. The apex court on Monday upheld his death penalty for war crimes.
Prior to the meet the Jamaat leader, Shishir said, “I clearly say that what the law minister and the attorney said regarding the review petition is totally unlawful and baseless. There is no legal obligation.”
“They even could not produce any provision of law in this regard,” Shishir said adding that It is the constitutional right of Kamaruzzaman to file the petition.
Law Minister Anisul Huq and Attorney General Mahbubey Alam said there is no scope for Kamaruzzaman to file the review petition against the apex court verdict.
Shishir hoped that Kamaruzzaman will get the access of filing the review petition.
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Contraceptive pill can slash the risk of ovarian,womb
- Salman becomes Bollywood’s highest advance tax payer
- ICT to submit formal charges against Pak army
- 9 rescued while being trafficked to Malaysia
- 'Without Teesta, Prime Minister’s India visit hollow'
- Mufti Hannan opts to seek presidential mercy
- Keep watch on your children: Prime Minister
- Vodka drinkers at greater risk of injury
- Actress Nipun comes with new film ‘Dhushor Kuasha’
- Shakib-Al-Hasan regains top spot in 3 formats
- 'Militants planning to attack on government foundations'
- At least 26 die due to hunger in Somalia
- ‘No foreign troops would be tolerated’
- HEC students stage demonstration again
- HC asks BMCH doctors to join work today
- Full verdict released, no bar to execute Hannan
- Cops raid 2 ‘militant dens’ in Chittagong city
- ‘The darkest day in Sri Lankan cricket’
- New mums feel more judged by 'food police'
- Amitabh shares a post: ‘Death, the inevitable end’
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!