Cosmic connect and colours of passion
The indelible impression of Gods and Goddesses that Indians have can be largely attributed to the visual cultural heritage of Raja Ravi Varma. His paintings of beautiful sari-clad women drew so much appreciation in the West, that a beautiful woman would often be described as looking ‘as if she had stepped out of a Varma canvas’.
One of Ravi Varma’s greatest contributions was to democratise the production and distribution of art with the creation of the Lithographic Press in 1894. Cosmic Heart Gallery hosted a very special exhibition with reproductions of the lithographs rendered on limestone by Mumbai-based Rashme Mehta.
Director Ketan Mehta, actors Nandana Sen, Ajay Gehi and cosmic healer Jalpa Vithalani were part of the event.
“These historical images on limestone have been recreated from the text of the artist’s works and from documentation of the various subjects which I have researched in the last fifteen years,” says Mehta.
This is one among the many exclusive exhibitions curated by Cosmic Heart Gallery, which was established with the intention of creating space for nurturing the soul through art. Says cosmic healer Jalpa Vithalani, “Cosmic Heart creations are about beauty, art, creativity and expression of the Absolute. You will melt in the presence of our collection of paintings as you soak in the energy, colour and flow. This particular exhibition is about bringing back our cultural heritage, our ‘Indian Sankskriti’, epic stories, history of a bygone era, alive once again into our homes, to pass onto our next generations.”
The exhibition of Raja Ravi Varma’s works are on at Cosmic Heart Gallery. Timings: 11am to 7pm - Tuesday to Saturday.
- PM on the way to return home
- A story of breast cancer sufferer
- Akshay Kumar takes a dip in the holy Ganga
- ‘RAB is not responsible for the Seven-Murder’
- Biswa Ijtema 2nd phase begins
- Kareena will join fashion week in Mumbai
- 2 arrested with huge fake passports in Mohammadpur
- 38 BNP leaders and activists arrested in Gaibandha
- 17 shops gutted in Borguna
- Tanu murder’s 10 months: rising anger and frustration
- Soumya and Shakib save Bangladesh, out for 289
- Judicial probe body blamed MP salim Osman
- Henceforth Neimer’s goal
- US air strikes killed 80 IS militants
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema begins today
- Home ministry divided into 2 divisions
- N’ganj teacher assault: probe report submitted
- Bad news for BCB
- 2nd phase of Biswa Ijtema starts Friday
- 39 jailed in India for human trafficking
- Reckless truck took away 24 children’s lives in India
- 15 members of ‘human trafficking gang’ held
- Robber killed in Kushtia ‘gunfight’
- 2 killed in Kushtia truck collision
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!