Cosmic connect and colours of passion
The indelible impression of Gods and Goddesses that Indians have can be largely attributed to the visual cultural heritage of Raja Ravi Varma. His paintings of beautiful sari-clad women drew so much appreciation in the West, that a beautiful woman would often be described as looking ‘as if she had stepped out of a Varma canvas’.
One of Ravi Varma’s greatest contributions was to democratise the production and distribution of art with the creation of the Lithographic Press in 1894. Cosmic Heart Gallery hosted a very special exhibition with reproductions of the lithographs rendered on limestone by Mumbai-based Rashme Mehta.
Director Ketan Mehta, actors Nandana Sen, Ajay Gehi and cosmic healer Jalpa Vithalani were part of the event.
“These historical images on limestone have been recreated from the text of the artist’s works and from documentation of the various subjects which I have researched in the last fifteen years,” says Mehta.
This is one among the many exclusive exhibitions curated by Cosmic Heart Gallery, which was established with the intention of creating space for nurturing the soul through art. Says cosmic healer Jalpa Vithalani, “Cosmic Heart creations are about beauty, art, creativity and expression of the Absolute. You will melt in the presence of our collection of paintings as you soak in the energy, colour and flow. This particular exhibition is about bringing back our cultural heritage, our ‘Indian Sankskriti’, epic stories, history of a bygone era, alive once again into our homes, to pass onto our next generations.”
The exhibition of Raja Ravi Varma’s works are on at Cosmic Heart Gallery. Timings: 11am to 7pm - Tuesday to Saturday.
- Teesta deal is a matter of time: Obaidul
- SWAT team begins operation in Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Mashrafe not fixating on rankings in ODIs
- The tortoise chases a ball around the room like a dog
- Kangana gifts herself a bungalow for 30th birthday
- Two more held over British parliament attack
- Mymensingh road crash kills 10
- Police call militants of ‘Atia Mahal’ for surrender
- General Diary filed over Bangladesh Bank fire
- Arifa’s ‘killer’ ex-husband arrested from Tangail
- Voting ends in Gaibandha-1 by-polls
- Tigers lose narrowly in the warm up match
- Spending on education not expenditure: PM
- No outlet in name of AL allowed: Obaidul Quader
- Contraceptive pill can slash the risk of ovarian,womb
- Salman becomes Bollywood’s highest advance tax payer
- ICT to submit formal charges against Pak army
- 9 rescued while being trafficked to Malaysia
- 'Without Teesta, Prime Minister’s India visit hollow'
- Mufti Hannan opts to seek presidential mercy
- Keep watch on your children: Prime Minister
- Vodka drinkers at greater risk of injury
- Actress Nipun comes with new film ‘Dhushor Kuasha’
- Shakib-Al-Hasan regains top spot in 3 formats
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!