Cosmic connect and colours of passion
The indelible impression of Gods and Goddesses that Indians have can be largely attributed to the visual cultural heritage of Raja Ravi Varma. His paintings of beautiful sari-clad women drew so much appreciation in the West, that a beautiful woman would often be described as looking ‘as if she had stepped out of a Varma canvas’.
One of Ravi Varma’s greatest contributions was to democratise the production and distribution of art with the creation of the Lithographic Press in 1894. Cosmic Heart Gallery hosted a very special exhibition with reproductions of the lithographs rendered on limestone by Mumbai-based Rashme Mehta.
Director Ketan Mehta, actors Nandana Sen, Ajay Gehi and cosmic healer Jalpa Vithalani were part of the event.
“These historical images on limestone have been recreated from the text of the artist’s works and from documentation of the various subjects which I have researched in the last fifteen years,” says Mehta.
This is one among the many exclusive exhibitions curated by Cosmic Heart Gallery, which was established with the intention of creating space for nurturing the soul through art. Says cosmic healer Jalpa Vithalani, “Cosmic Heart creations are about beauty, art, creativity and expression of the Absolute. You will melt in the presence of our collection of paintings as you soak in the energy, colour and flow. This particular exhibition is about bringing back our cultural heritage, our ‘Indian Sankskriti’, epic stories, history of a bygone era, alive once again into our homes, to pass onto our next generations.”
The exhibition of Raja Ravi Varma’s works are on at Cosmic Heart Gallery. Timings: 11am to 7pm - Tuesday to Saturday.
- AL’s council: Khaleda,Fakrul invited
- RU student’s body found in campus drain
- Trump objects to say whether he will accept election result
- Dhaka-Mymensingh rail communication interrupted
- Losing toss,Tigers to bowl first
- Obama urges Trump to stop whining
- School girl pregnant!
- ‘Bangladesh becomes role model in ICT’
- Digital World-2016 starts at Bashundhara
- British Bangladeshis launched a Fashion Week in London
- Police stands against Rampal protesters
- Indian visa without e-token for BD students
- Sheikh Russel’s birth anniversary today
- Wondrous uses of baking soda
- 7 JMB associates arrested
- Wild elephant attack kills an old man
- Several Jamaat leaders arrested in Jhenaidah
- Suspected killer of Nazimuddin arrested in city
- 3 held with weapons in Sherpur
- PM returns today
- Bangladesh, India to work together
- Modi welcomes Hasina in Bengali words
- 4 dead bodies found in Savar
- A teenager killed in Sharsha road accident
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- High hope on solar
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia