Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
Tuesday afternoon's crash took place on the Khulna-Barisal Highway at Rajapur Upazila's Biswasbarhi, Rajapur police OC Masuduzzaman said.
Eight of the victims have been identified as Md Shawon, 35, his wife 'Jhorna', 22, Al-Mamun, 45, Abul Kalam, 35, from Patuakhali, Mukulranjan Sinha, 30, Kulsum, 35, from Barisal, two sisters 'Shanti', 25, and 'Sadhana', 20 from Pirojpur.
At least 22 others injured in the accident have been admitted to Rajapur Health Complex, Jhalakathi Sadar Hospital, and the Barisal Medical College and Hospital.
Jhalakathi's Assistant Police Superintendent AFM Anowar Hossain said a front tyre of Barisal-bound 'Dhansirhi Paribahan' bus had burst before it fell into a ditch by an under-construction culvert.
Jhalakathi Deputy Commissioner Md Shakhawat Hossain, present at the scene, said an investigation committee had been formed.
- Govt raises allowances for freedom fighters
- Four ‘JMB men’ arrested in Bagerhat
- Man stabbed to death in Sunamganj
- Two killed in Jhenidah ‘shootout’
- Gunmen attack Pakistan police,59 killed
- Quader vows to bring significant change in AL
- Stalker who beats college girls held
- Coast guard official arrested on graft charges
- Indian forces kill 19 Maoists in Odisha
- Two held with yaba in Mathbariya
- ‘JSC, JDC exams to be held in time’
- Man dies falling from bus roof
- One killed in Ashulia ‘gunfight’
- AL party leaders to take preparation for next polls
- Little child electrocuted in Munshiganj
- ‘Hasina is a true leader of subcontinent’
- ‘AL now much stronger than before’
- Tigers’ marvellous bowling going on
- Cameroon train derailment kills 55
- PM opens Awami League council
- AL’s council: Khaleda,Fakrul invited
- RU student’s body found in campus drain
- Trump objects to say whether he will accept election result
- Dhaka-Mymensingh rail communication interrupted
- Iran is the world's most powerful people salimi
- Prostitution picnic spot, detain 96
- Now Shakib Khan will acting with Pauli Dam
- Respect us as women off-screen: Deepika
- Bangladesh is now one of the over millions of Facebook users.
- Cosmic connect and colours of passion
- High hope on solar
- Renewable energy for 3m families: PM
- Pipra Bidya
- Zimbabwe fold for 368
- Indictment hearing against Fakhrul, 66 others on Dec 8
- The meal will sleep problems
- Lawyers meet Kamaruzzaman at jail
- Embattled health secretary quitsBreaking
- I wish Upen and I continue, says Karishma Tanna
- Easy way to identify harmful drug feeding cows
- Craze Mahiya mahiya’s hijab fashion!
- Reduction the age of marriage for girls!
- Jhalakathi death toll rises to 10
- Detectives have neglected insurgency in Syria: Obama
- Hrithik told to stay away from me: Katrina
- Facebook Status: calm to raise the temperature of Sylhet
- Nudulase raise interest being dope remix!
- No less than 453 slaughtered in Saudi Arabia