Turn of acidity by this simple tips
Acidity is caused when there is an increased amount of gastric acid secretion in stomach. When the acid secretion is excessive, you feel like “heartburn”, which can be triggered if you have spicy foods. However, there are also many more reasons for acidity like empty stomach for long durations, irregular meals, etc.
However, there are certain ways through which you can easily curb the problem.
1. Coconut water is known as one of the best coolants for heartburn.
2. Ditch those carbonated and caffeinated beverages and opt for a healthier alternative like green tea or herbal tea.
3. Drink a glass of milk everyday.
4. If you are a regular smoker, cut down on the habit.
5. Reduce the spice quotient in your food. Try to avoid pickles, spicy chutneys, vinegar, etc.
6. Eat small but regular meals. Keeping long intervals between meals is another cause for acidity.
7. Mint is a natural coolant. Boil some mint leaves in water and have a glass after meals.
8. Sucking on a piece of clove can do wonders for heartburn.
9. Have vegetables like drumsticks, beans, pumpkin, cabbage, carrot and spring onions.
10. Have your last meal at least two to three hours before you hit the sack.