Bandarban fire burns 30 shops, four houses
Bandarban Reporter:More than 30 shops and four houses were scorched in a fire at Golipara Bazar of Thanchi in Bandarban on Sunday night.
Golipara UP chairman Basaiching said the fire came from an electric short-circuit at a shop of the bazaar around 11:15pm and it soon poured other 29 shops and adjacent four houses.
Members of Border Guard Bangladesh and local people extinguished the fire after three hours of frantic efforts.
The extent of losses caused by the fire could not yet be identified.