Home / World News / Details

India is in safe hands: Narendra Modi’s first reaction on Pakistan strike

26 February 2019, 6:09:00

In his first public comments after the air strikes in Pakistan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi Tuesday said the country is in safe hands and that he will not let the country down.

The prime minister stressed that nothing was above the nation.

For Advertisement

‘Today is a day to pay homage to India’s bravehearts. I want to assure you that the country is in safe hands,’ he said at a public rally here.

‘I vow that I will not let the country bow down,’ he said.

In a swift and precise air strike following the Pulwama attack, India bombed and destroyed Jaish-e-Mohammed's biggest training camp in Pakistan early Tuesday, killing a "very large number" of terrorists, trainers and senior commanders.

The operation, described as a non-military, preemptive strike, was welcomed by the entire political spectrum and military experts who had been advocating retribution after the February 14 suicide attack on a CRPF convoy in Pulwama claimed by JeM.

Bd24live/Hk

Unauthorized use of news, image, information, etc published by BD24Live.com is punishable by copyright law. Appropriate legal steps will be taken by the management against any person or body that infringes those laws.

Comments: